ICON UCA on Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all that have installed the ICON UCA on a Gen 1, how much space do you have between the inner tire wall and the UCA? I have about 1/2”. Which is fine for daily driving but if I ever aired down the tires would most certainly rub.

Thanks!

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't rub if u aired down. The part of the tire that gets wider when you air down is the portion of the tire that comes into contact with the ground. If your really worried about it throw some 1/4 inch spacers on the front. That's what I did. Theyre small enough to not cause any issues. I offroad hard with them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good point. Haha I've been starting to look around at maybe replacing my stock arms, but wasn't sure if it was worth the money or if there was another option.
Tons of other options for much less. I’d say for normal application raptors there is no need to mess with the uppers.

if you want to go slot delete then yeah the upper makes sense but if you want to get it cause it looks cool... well then yeah it looks cool and so do the cheaper ones lol

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tons of other options for much less. I’d say for normal application raptors there is no need to mess with the uppers.

if you want to go slot delete then yeah the upper makes sense but if you want to get it cause it looks cool... well then yeah it looks cool and so do the cheaper ones lol

The other question I have is regarding how long the ball joints last. I'm assuming you would want uniball arms instead of heim joint arms if you're looking for longevity? For the cheaper arms who would you recommend?