GEN 2 ICON UCA and Fox live shocks

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wonder if anyone else has the ICON Delta Joint UCA and upgraded the 19’/20’ Fox shocks to the Live Racing Series. I am having some rubbing issues on one of the hoses on the passenger side which looks like at full droop. Anyone else seeing this?

ff4ae34bc0c162b3283e9c5544ed82ce.jpg

Travis B

Reaction score
Did you ever find out how to Fix this issue? I have the same shocks and was looking at buying the same UCA’s and was wondering if there was a fix for this because I have heard about this issue a few times. Thanks.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I got this idea when I saw it on your Gen 1 in Wyoming. I work in electric utilities and have a spiraling tool to strip insulation off underground conductor. 4/0 cable is almost the same size as the hose. You can see where mine was rubbing on the spring and had some other marks in areas around the UCA.not a live valve setup but close enough.C5DFF49E-8CB4-49D4-8F67-73E906D6FE10.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Did you ever find out how to Fix this issue? I have the same shocks and was looking at buying the same UCA’s and was wondering if there was a fix for this because I have heard about this issue a few times. Thanks.
I haven’t but someone else posted on Facebook that they were having the same issue. One person said it can be fixed by adjusting the lowers. Problem is I have slot deletes. The rear of the LCA is pushed all the way out and the front LCA is pushed all the way in. This pushes the wheel further forward to provide the most clearance from the firewall. The rest of the adjustment for the alignment was done with the UCA as designed.

I am actually getting the teflon spiral wraps in black like I had on my GEN1 shocks. It will not stop the hitting of the lines (actually will make it closer) but hoping that it will no longer damage the hose. There is only two other brands that allow full adjustment without having to remove and ICON is the only one that I know that has the fully sealed Delta Joint.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As a follow-up to my old deleted account on this. The teflon wrap is the answer. I also was able to move the reservoir back more to give the hoses more clearance. It does still hit at full droop but the teflon wrap lets it slide off so no longer damaging the hose.

Attachments

• 95E2D3B1-BBD9-4374-98EB-CB6B6F2B0A08.jpeg
    95E2D3B1-BBD9-4374-98EB-CB6B6F2B0A08.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 43

Raptized19

Reaction score
I was bit by the same thing. Had a shop do the install of the icon arms and the live valve Race Series 3.0. Very first trip out, and bam!!! Not happy. Wouldnt you think the shops installing these kits would at least tell you there will be an issue and try to prevent the problem from the beginning? Now I have to schedule a time to drop off my truck to the shop to have them fix it. I told them I want a new line, since my rub got into the metal braiding in the hose. I have a feeling they are just going to wrap the hose and call it good. 20210821_152515.jpg

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at Icon UCA's and Fox 3 live valves for a '19 with stock beadlock capable wheels on stock rubber. The icon site implies you need aftermarket wheels to run their UCA, but RPG says OEM wheels ok. The downside of the RFG UCAs is they aren't greasable (I think) and I am in a lot of mud and salt.

Anyone running ICON UCA's with deltajoint and stock wheels and tires?
For billet UCA's anyone have experience how long the spherical bearings last until they get clunky or worn in adverse conditions?