Icon Springs on 3rd setting with MASSIVE rake ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys Krazy House Customs makes a fabricated shackle that works with both icons and deavers and is available in a few different lengths. They do amazing work and don’t cost an arm and a leg.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep rubbing it in that I was wrong why don’t you :)

When I talked to RPG, I was talking to them about my Gen 1, Deavers, and shackles—not about my Gen 2. The Gen 1 leaf springs are a different length than the Gen 2 leaf springs, so that is why they told me that the billet shackles would not work with the ICON leaf springs—only the Deavers. It is a non-issue on the Gen 2s, but is an issue for the Gen 1s. So sorry for the confusion. But as good measure, you should always talk to the manufacturer about what you plan on running because when you mix different brands, it is possible to run into issues.

I plan on going with Deavers and the RPG billet shackles on my Gen 2.
Sometimes manufacturers dont know what they talking about themselves. When I spoke to Camburg about if their Stock Length Shackles will work with Icon's Leaf on Gen2 they told me that they will. After ordering them and installing it they do not work. Only then Camburg changed description on their website (they do not work with Icon Leaf Springs)

D

Deleted member 17706

Sometimes manufacturers dont know what they talking about themselves. When I spoke to Camburg about if their Stock Length Shackles will work with Icon's Leaf on Gen2 they told me that they will. After ordering them and installing it they do not work. Only then Camburg changed description on their website (they do not work with Icon Leaf Springs)

True. But most manufactures (RPG, Rogue, and SVC) design/test their stuff with Deavers on the truck. So theoretically it ought to work with anything, but until you get the product on there and let the suspension cycle fully through, there is no telling how things will go. If I recall, you couldn’t even get your shackles on because of the frame or something. Lol that’s how things go.

zx14teryx

Reaction score
I put the geisers up front and icons on #2 setup. After 6 months and some trailer towing I think the rear ended up a little low. When I get the ambition yp I'm going to add the last leaf in to get to the + 3.

To be honest I think the geisers up front are a bit too stiff. When going over drop off type bumps you can feel the front shocks smack full extension.

I knew going with this setup was going have a slight negative effect on suspension performance but to me the looks along with the Toyo MT's is totally worth it.View attachment 142298
How much tongue weight do you tow and how much squat do you get on those icons in option #2? How is the ride unloaded compared to stock?

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had these installed with the third setting and the rear is WAY higher than the front now. I was under the impression that the third setting would lift it a few inches but that most of that would be countered by the removal of the factory block. Did I do something wrong here? The truck has about 400 pounds in the bed right now and will normally see more than that but this is just massive ...
Just curious what did you end up doing to the front? I have same set up as you and have pretty big rake.