Icon Springs on 3rd setting with MASSIVE rake ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adllewis42

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Icons and the New RPG drop shackle. No issues here at all.

I think that's likely where I'm going to go.

What configuration do you have your springs on, what's the weight in the bed, and what's the ride height?

lilgsx96

Reaction score
I am running Icon stage 2 in the back with RPG drop shackles. Eibach pro spring up front. 42.0 in the front and 42.5 in the back with 200 pounds of crap back there.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is Camburg the only company that makes a stock length (non-lowering) shackle? I wonder why RPG don't seem to (or do they, and I just can't find them anywhere)?

RPG's billet shackles with fit Icon and Deaver springs. They have drop shackles and stock height shackles available. RPG's fabricated (non-billet shackles) will only fit stock or Deaver springs.

Camburg shackles will only fit stock or Deaver springs.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG's billet shackles with fit Icon and Deaver springs. They have drop shackles and stock height shackles available. RPG's fabricated (non-billet shackles) will only fit stock or Deaver springs.

Camburg shackles will only fit stock or Deaver springs.
So, you're saying that the only shackles that will fit ICON springs are either the stock Ford shackles, or the RPG billet shackles? Nobody else makes a shackle that works with ICON? Why is that? Seems strange to me!

On a related note...speaking of shackles, is there a benefit/drawback to running a 1" drop shackle rather than the stock length shackle? For example, say I want Deavers and want no lift. I could either do Deaver +2 with a stock length shackle, or Deaver +3 with a 1" drop shackle. What are the benefits/drawbacks of each setup?

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Icon stage 2 in the back with RPG drop shackles. Eibach pro spring up front. 42.0 in the front and 42.5 in the back with 200 pounds of crap back there.
How do you like ride on road and off compared to stock?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, you're saying that the only shackles that will fit ICON springs are either the stock Ford shackles, or the RPG billet shackles? Nobody else makes a shackle that works with ICON? Why is that? Seems strange to me!

On a related note...speaking of shackles, is there a benefit/drawback to running a 1" drop shackle rather than the stock length shackle? For example, say I want Deavers and want no lift. I could either do Deaver +2 with a stock length shackle, or Deaver +3 with a 1" drop shackle. What are the benefits/drawbacks of each setup?

From our understanding, that's correct. RPG Billet is the only confirmed fitment. Camburg and SDHQ explicitly state on their site that they do not fit with Icon springs. And I confirmed the RPG Billet vs RPG fabricated shackle fitment with Icon yesterday for another client.

The reason is that the Icon and Deaver springs use a different style wrap at the ends where the shackles install.

As for running a Deaver +3 with a drop shackle:
Pro: Less sag during towing/hauling since you've got another inch of actual spring
Con: More expensive

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Replacing my Camburg Stock Lenght Shackles with RPG ones. Camburg stock length shackles with hit Icon leafs under compression. Ask me how I know. I was told by Camburg and SDHQ Offroad they will fit. Only after I emailed Camburg with photos as proof they changed description on their website that it wont work with Icon leafs. This is the pic how close Camburg Shackles are to Icon Leafs ... and this is while truck is parked with empty bed.

20200501_212357.jpg

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manufactures design parts around certain brands. When I talked to RPG, they told me their new billet shackles only would work with Deavers. Follow up with them.

That is crazy if nearly 800 lbs in your bed doesn't cause your springs to sag at all. How many miles do you have on the springs? I would make sure to get some miles on them to break in. Your sag should be similar to the figures in the picture because those figures came from ICON's website.
Well I just order these Stock Length Shackles from RPG and they told me they work perfectly fine with Icon's since they have more of the open design not like Camburgs shackle where there is a box under spring leaf.

SmartSelect_20200502-001438_Samsung Internet.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Well I just order these Stock Length Shackles from RPG and they told me they work perfectly fine with Icon's since they have more of the open design not like Camburgs shackle where there is a box under spring leaf.

View attachment 143083

Keep rubbing it in that I was wrong why don’t you :)

When I talked to RPG, I was talking to them about my Gen 1, Deavers, and shackles—not about my Gen 2. The Gen 1 leaf springs are a different length than the Gen 2 leaf springs, so that is why they told me that the billet shackles would not work with the ICON leaf springs—only the Deavers. It is a non-issue on the Gen 2s, but is an issue for the Gen 1s. So sorry for the confusion. But as good measure, you should always talk to the manufacturer about what you plan on running because when you mix different brands, it is possible to run into issues.

I plan on going with Deavers and the RPG billet shackles on my Gen 2.