Icon Springs on 3rd setting with MASSIVE rake ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had these installed with the third setting and the rear is WAY higher than the front now. I was under the impression that the third setting would lift it a few inches but that most of that would be countered by the removal of the factory block. Did I do something wrong here? The truck has about 400 pounds in the bed right now and will normally see more than that but this is just massive ...

OP
OP
adllewis42

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a shackle on it now? all springs need time to settle into their normal spot. can take up to several hundered miles.

Stock shackles. Would it make it better if I got aftermarket ones? I see RPG has some that give 2" more droop but also lower the truck by an inch?

D

Deleted member 12951

I would say with 400# you are probably 1.5 to 2” over stock and yes that is taking into consideration of removing the block. Raise the front with a set of aftermarket shocks.

MULTI-RATE INFO:

Option #1 (as shipped)

+1.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)

Option #2

+20% spring rate over Option #1

+2.25" lift height over stock (unloaded)

+1.00" lift height over stock w/ 400lb constant load

Option #3

+40% spring rate over option #1

+3.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)

+0.50" lift height over stock w/ 850lb constant load

OP
OP
adllewis42

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say with 400# you are probably 1.5 to 2” over stock and yes that is taking into consideration of removing the block. Raise the front with a set of aftermarket shocks.

MULTI-RATE INFO:

Option #1 (as shipped)

+1.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)

Option #2

+20% spring rate over Option #1

+2.25" lift height over stock (unloaded)

+1.00" lift height over stock w/ 400lb constant load

Option #3

+40% spring rate over option #1

+3.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)

+0.50" lift height over stock w/ 850lb constant load

See, I presumed that 3" over stock was much like the Deaver "+3" where you ended up being net +1 because of the removal of the 2" block. That's definitely not the case here ...

So I guess the question now is what benefit would aftermarket springs give me for the front? And would I be better off with a different drop shackle in the rear?

D

Deleted member 12951

So I guess the question now is what benefit would aftermarket springs give me for the front? And would I be better off with a different drop shackle in the rear?
You can. A 2” shackle will drop it about an inch. Deaver clearly states that +3 is 1” over stock. Sorry you didn’t do your homework or asked who you purchased these from for advice on what you were trying to achieve. You can also go to option 2 where it shows 400# which is what you are running. Aftermarket shocks up front will allow you to raise the front with an adjustability. I personally have ICON’s on my GEN1 with the added leaf but I raised my front too with shocks. I have stock length shackles because of the RXT shocks. Mine is level and the whole system together works awesome

738b8161e421d1be904fe93cdb7a9ea1.jpg

If you wanted to go a cheaper route, you can just change the front coilovers to Geisers, that will raise it about 3”

https://www.geiseroffroad.com/gen2

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
adllewis42

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can. A 2” shackle will drop it about an inch. Deaver clearly states that +3 is 1” over stock. Sorry you didn’t do your homework or asked who you purchased these from for advice on what you were trying to achieve. You can also go to option 2 where it shows 400# which is what you are running. Aftermarket shocks up front will allow you to raise the front with an adjustability. I personally have ICON’s on my GEN1 with the added leaf but I raised my front too with shocks. I have stock length shackles because of the RXT shocks. Mine is level and the whole system together works awesome

738b8161e421d1be904fe93cdb7a9ea1.jpg

If you wanted to go a cheaper route, you can just change the front coilovers to Geisers, that will raise it about 3”

https://www.geiseroffroad.com/gen2

Wow. Way to be a ****. I actually did look around and talked to both Icon and Deaver. That's how I knew Deaver's +3 or +4 would actually net to +1 or +2. It's also why I went with option 3 because Deaver said I needed something more than their HD springs (so I would need something custom) and Icon said option 3. My mistake was not verifying that the lift from Icon already included the block being gone.

Despite your dickery, thanks for the input.

I think at this point I might just go with Geisers up front to raise it a little as well. I like the look and the added approach angle is always welcome.

D

Deleted member 12951

You are the snowflake for being someone who is so overly sensitive because you did something, posted on the Internet then cannot take in-your-face truthful advice then call me a ****, LOL. Really should be talking to who you purchased them from. Told you what to do, you are welcome.

Did you also purchase a bump stop kit or at the very least the ICON spacers?