Icon Rebound Beadlock Wheels ... new type of beadlock tech and DOT approved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screws are there and in play regardless of whether the tire is in a load condition. And that’s my point, if you have any type of failure with the interlock system, so that it allows air to escape, you will have a flat tire. Doesn’t matter whether you are driving on road at normal PSI, or off-road at a much lower PSI. Now maybe the failure rate is such that it is extremely minuscule and not likely. Time will tell.

A lot of the negative sentiments that surround beadlocks are due to poor designs from years ago and/or user errors made during the installation process. In other words, the “dangers” of beadlocks are often blown out of proportion which is why I said what I said after watching the video. I have 24 bolts holding the ring to my rim—all of which are torqued to 3 different specs with anti-seize. Even if I lost one ring bolt, which is highly unlikely, I am still not losing air from my tire nor will the ring separate from the rim given that there are 23 other bolts holding the ring in place.

SwarfWorks said it best in his install beadlock video, if the DOT will allow any yahoo to use 5-6 lug nuts to hold his rim/tire to his vehicle, then I’ll take my chances with 24 bolts holding my tire to my rim.

@spizike9 the beadlock ring completes the look of an off-road truck. So you can call it subjective all you want to, but a lot of aftermarket rims have at least a fake beauty ring to simulate the aesthetic of a beadlock ring. In reference to your “catastrophic failure point” its more fear mongering as you regurgitate the same talking points. The Raptor has had the option to run real beadlocks for a decade and I have never once heard someone have an issue for those that made a switch to real beadlocks.
I agree the bead lock completes the look of an off road truck. My personal opinion is the “fake bead lock” look is so dumb. If I had the choice between two identical rims, one with fake beads and the other without I’d take without. However I get that’s my subjective opinion. Again pointing out the subjectivity of the looks of the rim. If people are that concerned about their bolts coming loose in the interlock setup they could put a drop of locktite and they’ll be just fine. Problem solved. I don’t off road a ton but would like the option to air down to 15-20 PSI when I go out without worrying about popping a bead. The interlock solves that. Otherwise I’d have to run true bead locks. I’ll admit I don’t know a ton about them what I do know is that they are expensive and involve a lot to install right. The Icon interlock is a great alternative to the traditional bead lock.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FAQ video .. should answer everyone's questions. I think this new technology is a game changer. I bet more companies will license this from ICON and you will see more applications.

BTW .. I would have designed the bolts to be flushed with the wheel to give it a more clean look.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
https:// youtu.be/gMI0QiRdr2o remove the space

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree the bead lock completes the look of an off road truck. My personal opinion is the “fake bead lock” look is so dumb. If I had the choice between two identical rims, one with fake beads and the other without I’d take without. However I get that’s my subjective opinion. Again pointing out the subjectivity of the looks of the rim. If people are that concerned about their bolts coming loose in the interlock setup they could put a drop of locktite and they’ll be just fine. Problem solved. I don’t off road a ton but would like the option to air down to 15-20 PSI when I go out without worrying about popping a bead. The interlock solves that. Otherwise I’d have to run true bead locks. I’ll admit I don’t know a ton about them what I do know is that they are expensive and involve a lot to install right. The Icon interlock is a great alternative to the traditional bead lock.
The Icon is a very innovative design. If you're just looking to go down to 15-20 psi the Method Trail series with the bead grip technology are very effective. And they were tested at 10psi.

1627322475518.png