GEN 2 Icon multirate rear springs added for towing. Rear of truck is too high now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbraly

Reaction score
I added the Icon multirate rear springs yesterday so that I could tow my side by side without it jacking the front up in the air. I asked the shop to put them in the middle setting which would have raised the truck 2.25 inches in the rear. They were suppose to remove the third leaf and swap with the extra leaf that was provided per instructions. However, they added the extra leaf so it caused it to be lifted by 3 instead of 2.25 inches. They will change it if I want them too, however I like the feel of the truck with the 3 inches of lift. I don't like the fact that the rear is now 3.75 inches higher than the front. I currently have a 1 inch collar in the front. My measurements before the rear leafs were added were 40.25 in the front and 40.75 in the rear. My current measurements are 40.25 in the front and 44.00 in the rear. I have ordered a RPG adjustable spring perch and was thinking about setting it up at 2.25. I am debating on whether or not to use that or get a different type of front spring. I do not currently plan on adding larger tires, but want to keep my options open. I am a former H2 guy and I off road while hunting and looking for land to lease year round mainly in the South and Midwest. I don't jump it and I don't trail ride. I want to keep my ride quality. Any suggestions??

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbraly

tbraly

Reaction score
I already ordered the RPG's and they should be in tomorrow. I am probably going to be selling mine as well. I just ordered Eibach pro lift front springs about 30 minutes ago. I think this should fix my problem. Thanks

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have them switch back to setting two unless you carry 500lbs + all the time. The ride height won’t change much. Setting two has me at 43.5” with 300 lb constant load.

If going 37” get the Geiser springs but you will still hit the fenders if you jump your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tbraly

tbraly

Reaction score
Reading on here about how they ride and that some guys are switching from Geisers to Eibach. I think both would ride about the same, but with the Geisers giving a little more lift. I know the Geiser's are progressive, however I just figured for what I do the Eibach's would work. Hopefully, they won't disappoint.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading on here about how they ride and that some guys are switching from Geisers to Eibach. I think both would ride about the same, but with the Geisers giving a little more lift. I know the Geiser's are progressive, however I just figured for what I do the Eibach's would work. Hopefully, they won't disappoint.

Either way you will have to trim some of the inner fender. All depends on how you use the truck. That’s my only hang up on 37’s I don’t want to damage my fenders. I’m hesitant to jump at replacing bedside and fenders as I want the finished product to be perfect.

OP
OP
tbraly

tbraly

Reaction score
I would have them switch back to setting two unless you carry 500lbs + all the time. The ride height won’t change much. Setting two has me at 43.5” with 300 lb constant load.

If going 37” get the Geiser springs but you will still hit the fenders if you jump your truck.

So will the Eibachs give enough clearance to run 37" BFG ko2 on factory beadlocks? I will not be jumping the truck. I will hit the mud every now and then and bounce through some fields and ditches.

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So will the Eibachs not give enough clearance to run 37" BFG ko2 on factory beadlocks? I will not be jumping the truck. I will hit the mud every now and then and bounce through some fields and ditches.

They will for every day driving but on full compression they will definitely hit the fenders. BFG is undersized so you may be ok it’s a crap shoot honestly. I don’t jump my truck either but I have hit the inside of my fenders with 35” Ridge grapplers with stock suspension and 1.5” RPG collars. I now have fox 3.0 factory shocks with Icon UCA’s and haven’t bottomed out yet but I cranked them all the way up.

Next up is fenders and 37’s

OP
OP
tbraly

tbraly

Reaction score
They will for every day driving but on full compression they will definitely hit the fenders. BFG is undersized so you may be ok it’s a crap shoot honestly. I don’t jump my truck either but I have hit the inside of my fenders with 35” Ridge grapplers with stock suspension and 1.5” RPG collars. I now have fox 3.0 factory shocks with Icon UCA’s and haven’t bottomed out yet but I cranked them all the way up.

Next up is fenders and 37’s

Good to know, I may just stick with the 35's for a while. Thank's for the info!

Reaction score

Hey sorry to bring up this convo from a while back. I'm considering ordering the Icon springs as well. Just curious, it looks like per the instructions I would remove the factory bump stop and replace it with the bump stop spacer kit from Icon. Is this the same setup you went with and do you have any issues with the bump stop spacer kit?

OP
OP
tbraly

tbraly

Reaction score
Hey sorry to bring up this convo from a while back. I'm considering ordering the Icon springs as well. Just curious, it looks like per the instructions I would remove the factory bump stop and replace it with the bump stop spacer kit from Icon. Is this the same setup you went with and do you have any issues with the bump stop spacer kit?
Yes, I have the bump stop spacer and everything works as advertised. I raised the front a little with Eibach's. I have left the rear on option 3 for now.