Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper01

Reaction score
Where’s everyone ordering from? I’ve heard some vendors actually keep pretty good inventory on stuff. I guess it’s all about timing, especially with Black Friday and the holiday’s.

lakebum

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Icons leafs as shipped without adding the leaf? I have mine in the middle setting and measurements are above .

If so , can you give a ride height measurement if you have stock tires?

Thanks

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where’s everyone ordering from? I’ve heard some vendors actually keep pretty good inventory on stuff. I guess it’s all about timing, especially with Black Friday and the holiday’s.
They are made in batches in Oregon. The most recent batch just finished.

I am actually running a sale on the RXT leafs right now if you are interested and we can get your order in ASAP for the next batch.

PM me.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have some questions now lol, i went full out icon on everything , and now wishing i had bought the icon leafs to. i just installed the icon 3.0 coil overs and rear shocks, as well as uca in the front, on deavers +3. i did no height adjustments to icon out of the box for the coil overs and its at the same height as i had with the geiser spring, but it rides like a limo in the front, the back seems to be a more bumpy on the bumpy roads, even though i adjusted my short compression to full open and the other longer comrpession at 4 to 5 revolutions from closed, the rebound also i started at 4 and now changed to 5 trying to find the sweet spot for daily driving on bad roads that i often drive through. the front coil overs came with only half an inch of thread showing and i can crank them down to raise the front another 2 to 3 inches it seems, of course thats not my plan as it already sits half an inch lower than the rear right now , the back is 43 inches with the deavers +3 and the front is 42.5. i was thinking to swap out the deavers for icons to match the rest of my icon everything on the truck i just dont want the ride in the back to be more stiffer as i have a empty bed and dont tow nothing or have any added weight at all. if i was to get the icon leafs and put them at the option 2 to get the 2 inch over stock lift that would make them 20 percent more stiffer correct? i dont want it to be like a deseil truck over bumpy roads, so if it makes it alot stiffer i would just leave it the way they come at one inch higher than stock. wanted to get some input if anyone has the icons on 2 inch higher and see how it rides without any extra load to the rear, i can increase the front lift to match the rear to make it higher than it is just dont want it to ride super stiff. im not sure if its the geisers that are not taking the the bumpy roads so well or my wrong setup on the new icon 3.0s

lakebum

Reaction score
I recommend your try the Icons as shipped first . I have mine on setting 2 and will be going back to as shipped setting.

Rear is sitting at 43.5 unloaded and is stiffer than I want. I do carry some weight but have been unloaded the last few weeks. I miss the soft ride.

OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend your try the Icons as shipped first . I have mine on setting 2 and will be going back to as shipped setting.

Rear is sitting at 43.5 unloaded and is stiffer than I want. I do carry some weight but have been unloaded the last few weeks. I miss the soft ride.

When u say you miss the soft ride what are you referring to? Stock leafs? Dropped my truck off this evening to finally get them installed and was going with option 2, but I don’t want harsher than stock either...

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How much weight were you carrying before and where was it in the bed? I’ve got roughly 400 pounds I carry. Most of that in a box right behind the cab. I tow a trailer maybe 3-4 times a year on a long trip. I’m thinking about rear leafs at option 2. Still deciding on front. Don’t want to change out entire setup yet, I go back and forth between springs or collars.

lakebum

Reaction score
When u say you miss the soft ride what are you referring to? Stock leafs? Dropped my truck off this evening to finally get them installed and was going with option 2, but I don’t want harsher than stock either...

Icon says they are 20% stiffer in setting 2. This is correct. Unloaded you will feel the expansion joints and potholes more. The big dips and bumps feel soft and more controlled.

I am going to try them at the as shipped height. They lifted my truck much more as I feel my factory springs were weak. I was almost level stock. The ride is excellent with about 400 lbs in the bed as they state.

lakebum

Reaction score
How much weight were you carrying before and where was it in the bed? I’ve got roughly 400 pounds I carry. Most of that in a box right behind the cab. I tow a trailer maybe 3-4 times a year on a long trip. I’m thinking about rear leafs at option 2. Still deciding on front. Don’t want to change out entire setup yet, I go back and forth between springs or collars.

I believe they will be exactly what you are looking for with a constant 400lbs. They do handle the weight so much better than stock.