Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

that is correct no drop shackle!

Yes, the option 2 is more “controlled” vs what I originally had on option 1. I feel these trucks tend to have sway sensation especially with a bed rack off-road. Just driving it today with only my Retrax cover, pro eagle in bed, spare in factory location, it just didn’t feel soft in the back. More sporty I think and I love the fact that I can now put stuff in the back without it sagging (at least as easy).

Some may not like the rake but the images seem to exaggerate it more than in person. Also can expect some settling overall so I think it’s spot on.

Thanks for the feedback. I have SDHQ drop shackles that I will use, but option 2 is still probably going to sit too high for my liking lol. Did you ever measure your height with option 1?

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There does seem to be some variation in height between sets of springs. When I installed the Icon springs as they came from icon (extra leaf not installed) the back was lifted almost 2 inches. I knew I was doing an aftermarket shackle anyway in order to get rid of the stock bushings and would also be raising my coilovers so it didn’t bother me, but still strange because I haven’t heard of anyone having that problem.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
There does seem to be some variation in height between sets of springs. When I installed the Icon springs as they came from icon (extra leaf not installed) the back was lifted almost 2 inches. I knew I was doing an aftermarket shackle anyway in order to get rid of the stock bushings and would also be raising my coilovers so it didn’t bother me, but still strange because I haven’t heard of anyone having that problem.

Def some inconsistency for sure between each vehicle.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s also worth noting that the stock shackles add spring rate as well as they use vulcanized rubber bushings that twist as the leaf pack moves. I really like the way my springs feel on option 1 with my camburg shackles, but the fact that they added so much more lift than they were supposed to means it’s likely they’re either longer or higher spring rate

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s also worth noting that the stock shackles add spring rate as well as they use vulcanized rubber bushings that twist as the leaf pack moves. I really like the way my springs feel on option 1 with my camburg shackles, but the fact that they added so much more lift than they were supposed to means it’s likely they’re either longer or higher spring rate

So you think the clunk noises we are hearing are the Bushings that are twisting? Does anyone know the date when they started shipping out the updated version?

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you think the clunk noises we are hearing are the Bushings that are twisting? Does anyone know the date when they started shipping out the updated version?
Probably not. My stock shackles were pretty cracked when I took them out and they weren’t making much noise. My icons also don’t clunk although they squeak a bit which I’ve gotten used to.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icon just replied and said it was a running change to update the springs.
They want me video record:

“Can we get you to send a video of the springs making a sound? We would like to make sure that the shackle mount in the rear and the frame mount in the front are also in the video please.”

I’m trying to figure out how to do this, lost my GoPro drone last summer. Getting with a buddy tomorrow to loosen and then RE-torque things and see if that changes anything. I don’t like how they didn’t tell anyone they updated them and yet seems like the V1 that I have, I waited 4 months for.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
Icon just replied and said it was a running change to update the springs.
They want me video record:

“Can we get you to send a video of the springs making a sound? We would like to make sure that the shackle mount in the rear and the frame mount in the front are also in the video please.”

I’m trying to figure out how to do this, lost my GoPro drone last summer. Getting with a buddy tomorrow to loosen and then RE-torque things and see if that changes anything. I don’t like how they didn’t tell anyone they updated them and yet seems like the V1 that I have, I waited 4 months for.

I’m curious about this as well. I start my truck up in the morning and back up out of the garage and with the windows up there is a very subtle “clunk” or something it’s not a hard clunk but just like a shifting noise. I everything is torqued to spec while it was on the ground and not in the air.