Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ICON recently update their Raptor leaf springs or if there are counterfeit ones out there?

I ordered a set of ICON springs through one of the FRF supporters (Neo-Garage) for my 2020 SCREW back in August 2020 and, of course, they were back-ordered and were shipped individually as they became available. The first leaf pack was delivered in November 2020 and didn't have the add-a-leaf with it. The second set was just delivered on 1 March 2021 and this set is noticeably different than the first (older) set that was delivered in Nov. The newer set appears to be better quality overall. They both have the same model number although, the newer set has it stenciled while the older set is a sticker that is falling off. Here are some of the differences between the two packs (pics below):

- The new pack has 7 leafs (without AAL) while the old one has 8 (I didn't receive the AAL with this pack). The old one has an additional shorter leaf on the bottom.

- The new pack has plastic friction pads on one of the spring clamps, the older pack doesn't.

- The new pack is about 2 inches shorter, eye to eye, than the older one.

- The front eye on the new pack isn't wrapped as tight as the old one.

- The new pack came with the AAL, the old one I received didn't.

I spoke with someone in ICON tech and they didn't know if they were updated or if manufacturing process was changed and asked that I send some photos of the two packs. I'm still waiting on their response after sending the photos. I'm also awaiting a response from Neo-Garage to find out if they'll send me another set to match the newer ones I received because there's no way I'm installing two different springs on my truck.

View attachment 163129 View attachment 163130 View attachment 163131

All of my issues with mine were from Neo garage. I ended up having to file a CC dispute to get my money back. Icon was zero help. Their QC is garbage and their springs will always vary due to inconsistency issues. Get rid of them while you still can and get Deavers, that’s the only way you won’t have problems.

Lugathor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if ICON recently update their Raptor leaf springs or if there are counterfeit ones out there?

I ordered a set of ICON springs through one of the FRF supporters (Neo-Garage) for my 2020 SCREW back in August 2020 and, of course, they were back-ordered and were shipped individually as they became available. The first leaf pack was delivered in November 2020 and didn't have the add-a-leaf with it. The second set was just delivered on 1 March 2021 and this set is noticeably different than the first (older) set that was delivered in Nov. The newer set appears to be better quality overall. They both have the same model number although, the newer set has it stenciled while the older set is a sticker that is falling off. Here are some of the differences between the two packs (pics below):

- The new pack has 7 leafs (without AAL) while the old one has 8 (I didn't receive the AAL with this pack). The old one has an additional shorter leaf on the bottom.

- The new pack has plastic friction pads on one of the spring clamps, the older pack doesn't.

- The new pack is about 2 inches shorter, eye to eye, than the older one.

- The front eye on the new pack isn't wrapped as tight as the old one.

- The new pack came with the AAL, the old one I received didn't.

I spoke with someone in ICON tech and they didn't know if they were updated or if manufacturing process was changed and asked that I send some photos of the two packs. I'm still waiting on their response after sending the photos. I'm also awaiting a response from Neo-Garage to find out if they'll send me another set to match the newer ones I received because there's no way I'm installing two different springs on my truck.

View attachment 163129 View attachment 163130 View attachment 163131

I just got mine delivered yesturday and both only have 7 leafs and stenciled P/N. Im curious also but maybe these are updated.

16159102470823462010612840311192.jpg

JBKeiser

Reaction score
I just got mine delivered yesturday and both only have 7 leafs and stenciled P/N. Im curious also but maybe these are updated.

View attachment 163860

Icon confirmed with me that they recently updated the leaf springs and said they're going to switch out the first one I received (old version) with an updated one so I'll have a matching pair. It looks like both of yours are the updated version so you're good to go.

D

Deleted member 12951

Icon confirmed with me that they recently updated the leaf springs and said they're going to switch out the first one I received (old version) with an updated one so I'll have a matching pair. It looks like both of yours are the updated version so you're good to go.
Have to ask, you purchased through an FRF vendor. So why didn’t the vendor handle this issue from start to finish instead of you having to deal with ICON on it?

I’ve have ordered a lot of stuff from reputable FRF vendors since I joined in 2013 [emoji2371]

Last edited by a moderator:

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in what was updated as well.

I've only had mine for less than 7000 miles and they are creaking like crazy.

I think it's from the leaf spring keepers.

Bolts are all torqued to spec, not over torqued.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
Yeah I'm wondering if that's why mine are making the noises they are as well. Might be trying to get in contact with them soon

Depending what "version" RXT springs you have the new ones are actually greaseable. If your cross pins are zink they should have the plastic anti-rattle pads on the springs. Inside those is a small hole that you can use a needle fitting to grease them up :)

FYI I did also change mine from OPT1 to OPT2. I went on a trip with the rack and tent and gear and it just didn't sit right to me (maybe .5" low in the rear). New measurements:

Front: 42.5
Rear: 44"

Roughly 1.5" rake and it is much tighter feeling than option 1.

D

Deleted member 17706

Depending what "version" RXT springs you have the new ones are actually greaseable. If your cross pins are zink they should have the plastic anti-rattle pads on the springs. Inside those is a small hole that you can use a needle fitting to grease them up :)

FYI I did also change mine from OPT1 to OPT2. I went on a trip with the rack and tent and gear and it just didn't sit right to me (maybe .5" low in the rear). New measurements:

Front: 42.5
Rear: 44"

Roughly 1.5" rake and it is much tighter feeling than option 1.

I assume that’s with no drop shackle? Also, are you saying you like the tighter feeling in option 2 rather than option 1?

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
I assume that’s with no drop shackle? Also, are you saying you like the tighter feeling in option 2 rather than option 1?

that is correct no drop shackle!

Yes, the option 2 is more “controlled” vs what I originally had on option 1. I feel these trucks tend to have sway sensation especially with a bed rack off-road. Just driving it today with only my Retrax cover, pro eagle in bed, spare in factory location, it just didn’t feel soft in the back. More sporty I think and I love the fact that I can now put stuff in the back without it sagging (at least as easy).

Some may not like the rake but the images seem to exaggerate it more than in person. Also can expect some settling overall so I think it’s spot on.

Last edited: