Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Icon considers the bump kit added weight when deciding between the stiffness options? or do they assume you have a bump stop kit installed?

I am currently on option 2 but I am really considering option one.
for weight I have:
spare tire (which I don't consider added weight)
bedcover -50
storage box with extras - 50
cooler I use sometimes, 0-40lb
extra gas and builtright racks 20-25lb
hpa air tank -25

(safety gear under the rear seats 25lb
clothes and suitcases for trips 50) does this even count as bed weight?

svc bump kit 50-75 lb?

so I have about 150 lbs in the bed most of the time on offload trips.
sometimes going up to 200

with the bump stop kit its 200-250 lb of weight which puts me below
the recommended threshold for the option2.

I am kind of stuck and not really sure if I should just leave it or change it? I know completely unloaded I need option one but when I load up I don't hit 400lb.
what would you guys do and what are guys carrying when you have option 1 installed?

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Icon considers the bump kit added weight when deciding between the stiffness options? or do they assume you have a bump stop kit installed?

I am currently on option 2 but I am really considering option one.
for weight I have:
spare tire (which I don't consider added weight)
bedcover -50
storage box with extras - 50
cooler I use sometimes, 0-40lb
extra gas and builtright racks 20-25lb
hpa air tank -25

(safety gear under the rear seats 25lb
clothes and suitcases for trips 50) does this even count as bed weight?

svc bump kit 50-75 lb?

so I have about 150 lbs in the bed most of the time on offload trips.
sometimes going up to 200

with the bump stop kit its 200-250 lb of weight which puts me below
the recommended threshold for the option2.

I am kind of stuck and not really sure if I should just leave it or change it? I know completely unloaded I need option one but when I load up I don't hit 400lb.
what would you guys do and what are guys carrying when you have option 1 installed?

Hey misuracaf10,
I know this isn't exactly what you asked but here is my setup. I have a 17 Scab with Icons at option 2, Fox 3.0's. For everyday use, I have a RPG recovery bed rack, with a jack, 2 x 37" General X3 spares and the SVC rear bump kit. I used to add 25#'s near the tailgate and she would be plush. Without the 25#'s for me there was a very noticeable difference. Not harsh but it is noticeable. This past weekend I installed the GJ motorsports minimalist bed supports and no longer need the extra 25#'s in the bed. If I add 10 gallons of gas to the rack it doesn't seem to change the ride nearly as much as adding weight by the tailgate. I considered changing to option 1, but several times a year I load a 450# motorcycle in the bed and it works so good that I am now glad I didn't with the added bed supports. I am glad I didn't get Deavers as this adjustability is unmatched with any other leaf spring on the market.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dang so you really have a lot of wieght in there a lot of the time. this makes me feel like i need to go with option 1. you do have a SCAB but i think what youre describing is telling me what i need. i have 3.0 live valve racing shocks and when i drove home with all of my old leafs, shocks and components in the bed it drove plush. so i now know i need to go to option 1. thanks again man!

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I ordered a set of these springs. My truck sits rather low in the rear. I'm not sure if my stock springs are shot or have settled. I only have 3,500 miles on the odometer. I have towed and off-road my truck. I only have a Bakflip, bedmat and a swing tool box on the passenger side. I plan on going with Option 1 and then adding some preload to my Fox 3.0's.

Stock: 1/4 tank of gas
Rear Pass 41 1/4
Rear Driver 41.00
Front Driver 40.00
Front Pass 40 5/8

Last edited:

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running just the Icon leaves in Option 1 without changing the front springs?

Have a 2019, totally stock. I'm currently at 40" front and 41.5" rear.

I assume these take me up to 42.5" in the rear unless I get a 2" drop shackle like the Camburg item?

Will I see more payload capacity on option #1? I just moved across country and wound up having to leave my motorcycle for another trip because the truck was scary low in the back with 1/2 ton in the bed. Maybe I was overcautious, but I didn't like the idea of a 1200 mile drive with my lights blinding everyone and no suspension with a (half) ton of expensive crap in the bed.

My stock Gen1 worked much better with a heavier load. We once put two Yamaha FZ1s, and 200lb of gear in the bed (~1200lb) and it sat down a bit but nothing like the Gen2.

Anyone have pictures of this setup? (Option 1, no front mods, with or without shackles).

(I did skim *entire* thread and also search, but may well have missed stuff.)
It will be closer to 43" in the back. I have 2019 and after installing Icon on Option 1 my back is at 43" i also have Eibach's in the front. It will be definitely to high in the back without doing nothing to the front even on option 1. Unless you will have constant weight in the back. First pic stock and second pic Eibachs in front and Icon Option 1 in the back with factory lenght shackles.

20200320_121036.jpg

20200501_140729.jpg

RADvelociRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I barely have things in the bed besides basic light recovery gear.

just had my techs install the eibach springs last week and now have the icons en route.

It’s mostly a pavement princess with two or three times a month going through dirt upstate where I am currently building a family weekend home. Would like to preserve the OEM ride if possible, if not slightly firmer / planted. Leaning towards +2 setting unless y’all think I can get away with just +1 ?

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score

just had my techs install the eibach springs last week and now have the icons en route.

It’s mostly a pavement princess with two or three times a month going through dirt upstate where I am currently building a family weekend home. Would like to preserve the OEM ride if possible, if not slightly firmer / planted. Leaning towards +2 setting unless y’all think I can get away with just +1 ?
Good luck. I got ****** up icons recently that lifted the truck way more than advertised. Icon’s worthless response is “It just has to be adjusted to the desired height.” And that’s from Adrian, the guy who posts on FRF foe them. They’re too stupid to understand that people with Raptor’s aren’t just going for height change but also compression changes. Return them if you can and get Deavers.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you do not have much weight in the bed I would install them as they come. I believe it is option 1, the lowest setting.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I got ****** up icons recently that lifted the truck way more than advertised. Icon’s worthless response is “It just has to be adjusted to the desired height.” And that’s from Adrian, the guy who posts on FRF foe them. They’re too stupid to understand that people with Raptor’s aren’t just going for height change but also compression changes. Return them if you can and get Deavers.

These are progressive rate leaf springs. So much better than stock. My stock leafs were crap compared to these. I am glad I purchased Icons over Deavers as you have 3 settings to choose from vs stuck with 1.