Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got all of the pieces here and installed the Icon leaf springs Friday night. I have them on option 3, the highest setting, with Camburg drop shackles. I have the IVD collars in the front set at 1.75 inches. It's needs more lift in the front, I'll be doing some Geiser springs in the near future.
NOTE: I was unable to install the Forged Offroad bump stop pads. You can see in the pics they weren't drilled for the right bolt pattern. Prerry disappointing to find out while the truck was apart.
I haven't taken any outside pics yet, but here are the measurements. It's too much rake for my taste, I'll see if it settles any before doing front springs.

bs1.jpg

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to add, the truck has always sat 1/2 lower on the left front. Truck does have a full tank of gas.

Betterman

Reaction score
20200210_171411.jpg Had Icon's installed on 2019 today. Towing 25 FT RV 7,000. Factory droop was bad even with distribution bars tight as could go. I ended up going with Option 2. First thing I notice driving the truck after install is the rake as the rear is clearly 2.75 higher than front with about 300 lbs in back (Retrax pro, Generator, RV Hitch). The second thing I noticed, is how much better the back end felt on the road. Very solid and even with Option 2, the ride was better than factory to me.

Measurements stock: Front 40 Rear 41 (with 250 to 300lb weight)
Measurements Icon : Front 40.25 Rear 43 (with same weight)

After attaching RV (about 600 tongue weight with a good distribution hitch : Front 40.75 Rear 40.75

I am going to take 1,000 mile trip this week and see how it handles. Before the Icon Leaf kit, I was pointing at the moon. My early feeling is if you tow regularly, Option 2 is good and may want to level the truck some as you are riding high without some method to level front or drop back. I feel the ride is fine with Option 2.

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 137483 Had Icon's installed on 2019 today. Towing 25 FT RV 7,000. Factory droop was bad even with distribution bars tight as could go. I ended up going with Option 2. First thing I notice driving the truck after install is the rake as the rear is clearly 2.75 higher than front with about 300 lbs in back (Retrax pro, Generator, RV Hitch). The second thing I noticed, is how much better the back end felt on the road. Very solid and even with Option 2, the ride was better than factory to me.

Measurements stock: Front 40 Rear 41 (with 250 to 300lb weight)
Measurements Icon : Front 40.25 Rear 43 (with same weight)

After attaching RV (about 600 tongue weight with a good distribution hitch : Front 40.75 Rear 40.75

I am going to take 1,000 mile trip this week and see how it handles. Before the Icon Leaf kit, I was pointing at the moon. My early feeling is if you tow regularly, Option 2 is good and may want to level the truck some as you are riding high without some method to level front or drop back. I feel the ride is fine with Option 2.
Which hitch did you go with? I went option 2 on mine with factory length Camburg shackels but I also installed gieser front springs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betterman

Reaction score
I have the Equal-i-zer hitch. Model 90-00-1400. Max tongue 1,400 lbs with max trailer 14,000. I am happy with way truck and trailer handled on my drive from Nashville to Las Vegas. Still can feel pull of big rigs ext, but sway is minor and ride is great.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the gieser springs?
I like them gives the truck a firmer feel. The stock springs were a bit too soft and I needed to do something since I was raising the front. I ended up getting a Curt short arm hitch since most of the frame is covered on my V nose trailer. Same specs max tongue weight 1400 and 14000 pound max capacity not that I’m any where near that weight. Trailer itself is only rated at 10k gvwr.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting squeaking from the Icon leafs?
All of a sudden one day I get it and it's bad, I know it's a desert style truck so it is what it is but I'm thinking some sort of dry lube?

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting squeaking from the Icon leafs?
All of a sudden one day I get it and it's bad, I know it's a desert style truck so it is what it is but I'm thinking some sort of dry lube?

yes, they are noisy from day one. I lubed them up at assembly since I read it was a known issue. Mine also creak a little at slow speeds when turning, specifically in and out of the garage or a parking spot.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My icons started squeaking loud AF in the past 2 weeks. I shot them with some white lithium grease. It helped a little but the sdhq drop shackle was squeaking a ton. I took it back to the shop that installed them here in Boulder and they quickly pulled the shackles off, greased the hell out of them, and sent me on my way.

Now there’s no squeak woohoo!