Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has really grown . I posted back on page 6 about going from option 2 on my 2018 back to option 1. Was very happy with the option 1.

Here is what I did not like :

Not all leafs have the friction pads . I believe the bottom 3 are missing the pads . Once if took them Offroad and drive in the rain, they rust and squeak on those bottom leafs . I would occasionally get under the truck and spray some lube , and they would quiet down for a few days.

I have not read about complaints. Anyone else ? I always thought $1300 springs should not make the noise of a old 80’s F250 driving with the windows down.

I now have a 2020 Raptor and thought of having the pads installed on the bottom leafs. Thoughts?

Thanks
Are Icons and Deavers similar when it comes to the rust and noise?

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Icon springs in the rear with SDHQ 1" lowering shackles and only have a medium sized Rubbermaid ActionPacker in the bed along with the stock springs just chillin in my bed (using them as weight temporarily)

It rides so good back there and I believe the #2 option is made for 400lbs of static weight. I dont even have half that and it rides amazing so far.

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my Icon springs for ,y 19 today. I hope to have some measurements with before and after pics by mid week. I'll be going option 3 with RPG drop shackles

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not get the billet shackles. This is what
I have on order, should have them in a week or so, they were out when I ordered them.
https://offroadalliance.com/products/rpg-rear-shackle-2017-2019-ford-raptor

Secondly, my Icon kit arrived but was missing 1 hardware kit for one side of the leaf springs. Lesson learned, always verify you have everything you need before starting a project. Icon was time consuming to get on the phone, but once they did answer they seemed to be accommodating. Ultimately I had to email my request so hopefully the missing hardware shows up within a few days.

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m also wondering about drop shackles. I’m on icon option 1 in the rear but want to keep the stock height... I was told this may cause issues.

I want the extra load capacity, hence the drop shackled with the helper spring installed. I have the Icon collars in the front set at 1.75", and the truck is nose high by 1". Ultimately my goal is to get 2" of lift from the rear to get me a 1" rake.

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: My order arrived missing a hardware kit for one side to install the add-a-leaf. I contacted Stage3Motorsports last Tuesday but have not heard back from them. I've contacted IVD directly via phone and email but after talking to three different people I still don't have any confirmation that the missing hardware will be sent to me. So I sit and wait, disappointed to say the least.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: My order arrived missing a hardware kit for one side to install the add-a-leaf. I contacted Stage3Motorsports last Tuesday but have not heard back from them. I've contacted IVD directly via phone and email but after talking to three different people I still don't have any confirmation that the missing hardware will be sent to me. So I sit and wait, disappointed to say the least.
Making me think Deavers are a better option.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any way to get Deavers to be like the option 2 from icon? 450Lb load rating instead of only stock / 800Lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk