Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Hey guys I've seen some companies say that their extended shackles will work with Deavers, but not Icon. Not sure why. Does anyone know of some extended shackles that will work?

I'm torn between the Deavers and Icons. From what I read, there seems to be more people that like the ride quality of the Icons over the Deavers. I also like the extra anti-axle-wrap leaf that Icon has at the top of the pack.

What I DON'T want is to raise the back of my truck, and even with option 1, the Icons are going to raise it an inch. It seems the easy solution would be to just get the extended shackles, but again, will they not work with the Icons?

I was also told by a very knowledgeable member that an extended shackle will wear the springs out sooner, but maybe if they sag an inch, that'll be a good thing and I could just return to the stock shackles

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys I've seen some companies say that their extended shackles will work with Deavers, but not Icon. Not sure why. Does anyone know of some extended shackles that will work?

I'm torn between the Deavers and Icons. From what I read, there seems to be more people that like the ride quality of the Icons over the Deavers. I also like the extra anti-axle-wrap leaf that Icon has at the top of the pack.

What I DON'T want is to raise the back of my truck, and even with option 1, the Icons are going to raise it an inch. It seems the easy solution would be to just get the extended shackles, but again, will they not work with the Icons?

I was also told by a very knowledgeable member that an extended shackle will wear the springs out sooner, but maybe if they sag an inch, that'll be a good thing and I could just return to the stock shackles

The eyelet wrap design of Icon prevents some companies' shackles from fitment. We've confirmed Camburg and updated SDHQ shackles fit with Icon springs.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the icon springs. Is there a noticeable difference going with a standard height Camburg shackle. Was going with option 1.

Also heard it was popular to go with option 2 with a drop shackle?????

I have the Icon leveling kit in front set to 1.5 per Icon

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Icon leafs in position #2 with SDHQ 1" drop shackles and the ride is nice so far and looks to be stock height. Ill be adding dual spares, jack, dump cans, maxtrax, air tank, etc before the 2021 Mil and then I'll be adding the leaf in that comes with the springs.