Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Forged Off Road 2 inch drop shackle. Thinking when towing, I can swap the shackles back to the factory length. Eibachs on a 2019 and going with Icon's option 2. Hopefully, it's close to level with the 2inch drop shackle and a spare tire.
1in shackle if you want level

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1in shackle if you want level

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Option 2 is more like a 3 to 4" inch. Even with a 2 inch drop shackle its not factory height. Plus i dont think you want to get any crazier on the shackle because itll put more of an angle on the axle IIRC

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my Icon adjustable leafs:

I’ve had them on since Nov 2018. Set at highest setting. Worked well for a few months. Eventually started hearing thunk at slow speeds. Slowly progressed to constant thunk over any little bump. At this time it’s an embarrassment to drive the truck. I’ve done little to no off-roading since they’ve been on over the winter. I’ve tried everything.

-Retorqued everything
-swapped all hardware
-swapped shackles
-changed and serviced shocks
-swapped plastics leaf inserts
-removed springs, cleaned thoroughly

I’ve finally found that culprit is what appear to be leafs that are warped and are not contacting each other like they were a few months back.

I’ve tried reaching out to Icon sales/tech but they haven’t returned my last few emails in over 2 weeks. I’ll try calling this week. I thought a reputable company would have better customer service.

Makes me wish I wouldn’t have sold my last 2 sets of Deavers!

Anyone else having Icon leaf noise, issues?

do you have pictures about your leafs being warped?

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t add the video of the noise as file is too large but here is a pic of the leaf at the rear shackle. Second leaf doesn’t lay centered to first and snaps back and forth against each other.

670EF9A0-C152-4E10-9777-882439CAA009.png

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
When you said retorqued everything did you lift the pack out of the mount and retorque the 2 round headed centre pins? Are the cross bolts tight? Is the half eye wrap (second) leaf loose or is it solid but twisted and contacting the shackle as the pack de/compresses.

I can't see how it could move that much if the centre pins are tight, the cross bolts and sleeves are tight. I could hardly get the pack into the cross bolt mounts it was so tight.

Hopefully Icon can just replace the half-wrap leaf. If they don't step up, I would consider trimming a little off the end of the half-wrap so it no longer contacts.

Edit: I just reread your post and you are saying the second half-wrap leaf slaps against the first leaf.

Last edited:

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, did everything, took them all apart, cleaned, repacked them, torqued every single bolt to spec including center bolts.
Plastic leaf inserts in position, even placed new circle inserts. The only thing I can see is that the 2nd leaf is slightly warped on both leafs that snaps to side when in function. Not actually hitting shackle, but against the first leaf. Pretty loud clunk. There is also another low speed thunk that is hard to isolate as well. I thought of grinding down second leaf wrap but didn’t want to have to resort to that unless last option. Just seems like a lot of work so far for what it should be. I hear what you’re saying and I’ve scratched my head over this a ton. I have decent experience with leafs as I’ve had 2 sets of Deavers on this truck previously and had these on and off multiple times.
Stuff like this makes me wish I would settle down and just leave things stock!
Icon emailed me back today, so hopefully we’re on the right track.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, did everything, took them all apart, cleaned, repacked them, torqued every single bolt to spec including center bolts.
Plastic leaf inserts in position, even placed new circle inserts. The only thing I can see is that the 2nd leaf is slightly warped on both leafs that snaps to side when in function. Not actually hitting shackle, but against the first leaf. Pretty loud clunk. There is also another low speed thunk that is hard to isolate as well. I thought of grinding down second leaf wrap but didn’t want to have to resort to that unless last option. Just seems like a lot of work so far for what it should be. I hear what you’re saying and I’ve scratched my head over this a ton. I have decent experience with leafs as I’ve had 2 sets of Deavers on this truck previously and had these on and off multiple times.
Keep us posted on how that goes. I just installed mine beginning of last month on the second setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes let us know how it's resolved. Getting mine installed this week.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It sounds like you do have quite a bit of experience with leafs... and as you’ve pointed out... you’ve had these in and out multiple times. You didn’t mention it, but i could have missed it... are you replacing u-bolts every time? If properly torqued... you’ve taken them to the point of yield. Once and done, They shouldn’t be reused. Just a thought, but i don’t think you’ll hold adequate torque otherwise. Could lead to some movement and noise?

I have the Icons as well. And had the warped leafs as well. After install / torquing they flattened out. I also had to re-torque twice after installing before they held the spec. For what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, aware of U-bolt issues. Had a pair of the Deaver U’s snap upon torquing and almost lost an eye! I’ve used new U-bolts on last re-install, they soften up pretty easy.