Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do they ride?

Good. Yeah I'm really happy with them. They were slightly stiffer at first, so I backed off the compression a bit and they are awesome. They just feel so much more connected than the Deavers.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good. Yeah I'm really happy with them. They were slightly stiffer at first, so I backed off the compression a bit and they are awesome. They just feel so much more connected than the Deavers.

you said "Icons, same level without a block" you mean same level as your +3 Deavers after 40k miles with the 1 inch block and nothing in the bed, or stuff in the bed?

I'll be watching this post, I too like the idea of the versatility of the Icon springs. I deal with the winter road conditions so I hope you give updates on how the coating does this winter, I'm looking to get a set of springs early next summer. whats you wheel well height in the rear now?

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought some, will install over Thanksgiving weekend
Some before and after height measurements would be appreciated. How long time and miles have you had the +3 Deavers installed? were they the HD's?

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you said "Icons, same level without a block" you mean same level as your +3 Deavers after 40k miles with the 1 inch block and nothing in the bed, or stuff in the bed?

Right, sorry about the confusion. Went from:

was:
+3 Deavers WITH 1" block, empty bed. Should theoretically be 2" higher than stock. ~40k miles on them.

now:
Icon springs without the extra leaf, empty bed, but only about 400 miles on them.

Hight seems right about the same. I'm expecting that it'll come down a little (probably an inch) when I put the weight back in soon.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, sorry about the confusion. Went from:

was:
+3 Deavers WITH 1" block, empty bed. Should theoretically be 2" higher than stock. ~40k miles on them.

now:
Icon springs without the extra leaf, empty bed, but only about 400 miles on them.

Hight seems right about the same. I'm expecting that it'll come down a little (probably an inch) when I put the weight back in soon.

I have about 400lbs of gear I carry all the time counting the cover. I was thinking if I went with Icon's I'd probably do at least the leaf swap. I do tow a trailer a couple times a year. If it Settles out too much I could add the leaf back in... Not sure what I'm gonna be doing in the front yet either.

2017-up-ford-f150-raptor-multi-rate-rear-leaf-spring-kit.jpg

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about 400lbs of gear I carry all the time counting the cover. I was thinking if I went with Icon's I'd probably do at least the leaf swap. I do tow a trailer a couple times a year. If it Settles out too much I could add the leaf back in... Not sure what I'm gonna be doing in the front yet either.

That would be my suggestion. I'll probably swap out the leaf for the heavier duty one when I put the weight back in. I started with it the way it shipped just so I knew what it was like.

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
Is it an option to just add-a-leaf and not go down the road of replacing complete rear spring set?
Cost effective for sure.
Anybody done that on Raptors Gen2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it an option to just add-a-leaf and not go down the road of replacing complete rear spring set?
Cost effective for sure.
Anybody done that on Raptors Gen2?

Are you talking about adding a leaf to the existing pack?

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes correct.
Is it possible just to add an extra leaf to existing pack?

I'm sure your local spring shop could do it, but it would probably be a lot of trial and error to get something functional that you don't need to wear a kidney belt for. At least that's been my experience with a previous truck. You might have a really good spring shop that could re-arch and add a leaf, but whats that going to cost and will it be worth it. From what a lot of people say on here the Deaver springs are awesome and I'm hoping the Icon's turn out great for the two guys on this thread because I'd like to go that route for the versatility. At this point I'm not sure if @Swarfworks or @Mkarban are more excited to try out the Icon's as I am to read about it when they post a lengthy review with pictures. *hint hint*