Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pup

Reaction score
Reading earlier about some extended shackles binding on the Icon leafs - are the Camburgs the only ones that seem to be O.K.? I’d really prefer a 2” shackle.
Just wanted to bump this question to see if anyone knows.

Thanks

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this question to see if anyone knows.

Thanks
I haven’t actually installed mine yet, but I did buy a factory length camburg shackle to start. One person I remember reading about that had a binding issue wasn’t paying attention and had installed his shackles backwards. Another had over tightened everything. But maybe someone else can chime in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t actually installed mine yet, but I did buy a factory length camburg shackle to start. One person I remember reading about that had a binding issue wasn’t paying attention and had installed his shackles backwards. Another had over tightened everything. But maybe someone else can chime in...

Definitely do not over tighten the bolts. I did first go around to the gen 1 specs, then loosened things and retorqued a few days later and then rear springs sat down a little lower where they should be.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that get the icon bump stop extender is a better option?

not sure if they'd be better or not? i originally liked the idea of the stronger bump pad for the stock length bump stop to hit and distribute the impact over a larger area of the axle with the Forged plates, than Icon's solution of using a spacer puck and longer bolt to extended / lengthen the factory bump to make direct axle contact when hitting. but seeing now the lack of spring bolt heads being seated down in the axle brackets, not sure if its worth the trade off? also i didn't like the idea of spending $80-90 on 2 bolts and 2 metal spacers/ hockey pucks for the ICONs, LOL. not sure what i'll end up doing. mine is a street queen anyway so it probably wouldn't matter either way. might switch out the Forged plates if i end up going to Option 2 if these Geisers on the front don't settle in anymore to get back to have a little forward rake. With a full tank of gas and any weight in the back its slightly sitting ass end down as of now.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Icon Leafs (option 2), Geiser springs, and Forged Offroad bumpstop pads mounted! It was a decent project as far as the install going mostly as expected. We did struggle a bit with changing coils out on the shocks. So far, so good. I’m pleased. Everything seems a bit firmer... but in a good way!

e2a69e0c3b93c257a197643fdd886e67.jpg

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Icon Leafs (option 2), Geiser springs, and Forged Offroad bumpstop pads mounted! It was a decent project as far as the install going mostly as expected. We did struggle a bit with changing coils out on the shocks. So far, so good. I’m pleased. Everything seems a bit firmer... but in a good way!

e2a69e0c3b93c257a197643fdd886e67.jpg

Have a photo from the side? Before and after measurements? Have the Eibach springs sitting in the garage and Icon’s on the way, still contemplating setting 1 or 2...

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a photo from the side? Before and after measurements? Have the Eibach springs sitting in the garage and Icon’s on the way, still contemplating setting 1 or 2...

So i didn’t do a great job of fully documenting before and after identical shots as some have... but here are a few if it helps:

Before
4d06f39cd97d91a16f5d8b2194b0e436.jpg

After
639088524653e449790e8dfd8e6e21a7.jpg

Before
c618b7d0ade5c8d4970b4f087092804d.jpg

After
d9b2fc76d3caf6fc4894b8670f6d12e2.jpg

Measurements... Mmmm... so here’s the thing. They freakin’ change EVERY time I take them and I’m sort of surprised none of the posts I’ve seen mention it. I think it being a 19 clearly plays into it because of the live valves. But... coming down off of the jack stands... i about shit at the height. Start it up... put it gear, back about a foot and the shocks immediately adjusted.... noticeably for those outside the truck too. Took some measurements... then drove it... took measurements after... they were different. Backed into sloped driveway... measurements were different. Checked in morning... different. Drove it over some speed humps... pulled straight in on sloped driveway... measured different. Went to wash it... measured on flat ground... different. Farted, measured... it was the same.

Soooo I’m not sure what to tell you. I think you will get less lift with Eibach versus Geiser. Most who combine Eibach with Icon seem more satisfied with Option 1. Geisers go a little higher... i rolled the dice... but think i like it so far. I like the added lift. Plus... after doing the front springs first... my ass end was definitely low... so i made my final decision for Option 2 at that point. Hope i still like it cause it will be a pain to change... but that’s why we bought the one with options right?

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MZ. My measurements were all over the place the first couple days too, I figured it was partly due to the leaf bolts and shackles being at too high of a torque at first, vs my measurements a few days later after retorque to the lower ( correct) specs. And now that they are breaking in I’m thinking I should have went with option 2 for the height the Geisers provide. We will see how the front continues to settle in...

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could update me with your measurements after a week or two of driving to see how things break in.