Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Icon today and was told they are NOT powder coated.
I still may pull the trigger on them and sell my recently installed powder coated Deavers +3s.

Let us know how they compare, it would be nice to add/delete/swap leafs down the road. I've heard the deavers can be pretty squeeky after... well after letting the jack down.

D

Deleted member 12951

You guys sure it isn't the bushings that are squeaking? Ever heard of bushing grease, get the quality stuff designed for bushings.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Deaver installed my set themselves.... Hopefully they know what bushing grease is..... haha

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't lol.... nice guys but they ****** up the install of my leafs by putting the new RPG bump stop plate on backwards (OEM position) I had to pay another shop to flip them around since Deaver would not install my RPG bump stops..... Nice guys but kinda a joke to deal with.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest benefit over Deaver is that they’re modular. So, down the road if you decide that you want to add a rack or anything that adds weight to your bed, you’ll be able to modify your existing springs to handle the load vs purchasing new springs.

Other than that, you still have the progressive rate for improved ride on and off-road. Not much of a difference between the two from a ride standpoint.

Have you sold any of these and gotten any feedback?

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought some, will install over Thanksgiving weekend

We would all appreciate some photos and a write up when you are done. Before and after measurements and spring set up you choose would be greatly appreciated as well.

Last edited:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed my set of Icon leafs this week after putting ~40k miles on my Deavers. I would go with Icons hands down over Deaver. I'm running the Fox Factory 3.0's and Icon bumps as well.

Besides Deavers sheer lack of finish quality (spray paint), they just seemed too mushy and “disconnected” compared to the Icons. Also, the Deaver +3 HD’s that I was running didn’t have the weight carrying capacity that they should have. 2-300 lbs in the bed and it sat lower than stock. I ended up putting a 1” block in, and then it was about stock. Icons, same level without a block and without the included extra leaf. We’ll see if it settles out at all.

As far as finish, I don’t think that they’re powder coated. I could be wrong, but they are at least coated with some type of more rubbery undercoating stuff. Time will tell how it holds up. The U-bolts are plated unlike Deavers too. I think Deaver forgets that people live outside sunny California.

The Icon's come with a nice U-bolt centering plate too, so you don't have to bother with trying to remove and drill out the stock one to put on the Deavers (or just choosing to not run them.

On top of everything else, the configurability makes them a total win-win.

IMG_8849.jpg
IMG_9063.JPG
watermark_11-11-2018_08-11-13PM.PNG
watermark_11-11-2018_08-12-25PM.PNG

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my set of Icon leafs this week after putting ~40k miles on my Deavers. I would go with Icons hands down over Deaver. I'm running the Fox Factory 3.0's and Icon bumps as well.

Besides Deavers sheer lack of finish quality (spray paint), they just seemed too mushy and “disconnected” compared to the Icons. Also, the Deaver +3 HD’s that I was running didn’t have the weight carrying capacity that they should have. 2-300 lbs in the bed and it sat lower than stock. I ended up putting a 1” block in, and then it was about stock. Icons, same level without a block and without the included extra leaf. We’ll see if it settles out at all.

As far as finish, I don’t think that they’re powder coated. I could be wrong, but they are at least coated with some type of more rubbery undercoating stuff. Time will tell how it holds up. The U-bolts are plated unlike Deavers too. I think Deaver forgets that people live outside sunny California.

The Icon's come with a nice U-bolt centering plate too, so you don't have to bother with trying to remove and drill out the stock one to put on the Deavers (or just choosing to not run them.

On top of everything else, the configurability makes them a total win-win.

View attachment 115228
View attachment 115230
View attachment 115231
View attachment 115232

How do they ride?

Last edited: