Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t worry brother by the time your home we will have it dialed in for you:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know you will, not just for me but shackles are a cheaper fix for all wanting to upgrade the rear springs. Having to do rear springs and shocks at same time gets expensive for some.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you will, not just for me but shackles are a cheaper fix for all wanting to upgrade the rear springs. Having to do rear springs and shocks at same time gets expensive for some.

You should have zero clinks and clanks with stock shocks and camburg shackles.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did notice more droop with the icons over the deavers. I believe that has more to do with the arc than the spring rate and the camburg shackles will hit the Icon leafs as they are double wrapped at the front and rear. The stock shackles or any shackle for that matter will hit the Icon leafs on full droop.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the opposite route. I bought the ICON bump stops kit first. I was thinking protect the frame first, then go to the ICON leafs. If I was rich I would do it all at once...lol..

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just put in another stock order for these so if anyone wants to order, do it now before they sell out again of the next batches! Hit us up for the deal :D

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys - I'd really appreciate your thoughts and opinions here. I got myself into a bit of a pickle.

I originally put on the RPG adjustable off-road collars for the front. I then decided that I wanted actual springs instead of the collars up front, so I went with Geiser springs up front. However, the original shop that put on my RPG collars didn't keep my original retainer clips, so when the geiser springs went on, they had to keep the RGP collars on as well, but lowered them as low as they can go (1"). Between the Geiser springs and the RPG collars, my front went from 39.5" to 43". I've since ordered the this ICON leaf spring kit so that I can raise the rear to better balance the truck out.

I also have a winch up front. Not sure if that matters here.

Here's my dilemma:

I'm on the stock wheels/35" KO2s. Right now, as the truck sits with the 2.5" Geiser springs and RGP 1" collar up front, the front sits at 43". The rear is sitting at 41.5" (it looks really dumb right now, but this was my only choice since the shop didn't keep my original retaining clips for the front. This is temporary until the ICON leaf spring kit arrives). I have since managed to acquire the original retainer clips for the front. With that said, I have two options here:

1) Ride Height Option 1 (on 35" tires): 42" front, 42.5" rear
This setup would be accomplished by replacing the front RPG collars with the factory retaining clips. This will put me back down to 42" for the front. For the Icons, install them with option 1. That will put the rear at 42.5". This option will be pricier since I'll have to pay the shop to swap the front RPG collar for the factory ones as well as install the rear Icon leaf springs.

2) Ride Height Option 2 (on 35" tires): 43" front, 43 3/4" rear
With this setup, I would keep the RPG collars, geiser springs up front (nothing touched here), and install the Icon leaf spring kit with option 2 (raises the rear by 2.25"). This option is a bit less costly since I'd only be paying for the rear to be adjusted.

I don't do any towing, but I do occasionally have to haul around a 300 lb snow blower during the colder months. In the grand scheme of things, I'm not going to worry about the labor cost difference between these two options. I'm just concerned that option 2 may look a bit disproportionate on 35s? Or do you guys think that will still look good on 35s?

Last edited:

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it ride with both those in the front?

I literally only have about 20 miles on this setup. Not really enough to formulate a strong opinion. There’s no noticeable difference that I can tell in the very short amount of time that they’ve both been on. It just looks really dumb right now lol

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will look fine with 35’s but the bigger question is the ride quality and how you use your truck.

By what you stated sounds like you would be best off on setting one on the icons and get a set of stock rings for your front shocks.

Here is my truck on setting two, I tow and carry a constant 300lbs, more during off-road. I need a rake but will probably dial in a little more preload on my Fox shocks. Will move to 37’s once I get larger fenders.

825a9c7ed231e811a515f55ca585fa60.jpg

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks. That helped make up my mind. I’m going to go with the first option I listed.