Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much more droop travel will the icon shocks give paired with their leaf pack? And does it matter which config you have the pack in?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much more droop travel will the icon shocks give paired with their leaf pack? And does it matter which config you have the pack in?
My understanding was 2", BUT I'm having a hard time finding that written somewhere now...BTW Any new spring pak you run you should replace the stock shackle with a stronger aftermarket....

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding was 2", BUT I'm having a hard time finding that written somewhere now...BTW Any new spring pak you run you should replace the stock shackle with a stronger aftermarket....
I plan too replace shackle with a factory length aftermarket option and install the Icon springs at option 2.

If I decide to go with option 3 of the Icon springs I’ll get a longer shackle and limit straps until I upgrade the shocks.

I’ll be getting a set of the SDHQ bolt on bump pad until I put a full set of the Bump Stops, and a set of shackles. They have some factory length Camburg options.

pup

Reaction score
Hopefully one of you guys can answer this - I see people recommending swapping out the bump plate but I can't find a post explaining why. Is it just because you might as well do it while you've got everything apart, or is there something about the Icon springs that works better with a different plate or doesn't work at all with the stock one?

Similar question about the bump stop spacer. Icon says it's required, but I'm curious why. And if you use lowering shackles do you still need the spacer?

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully one of you guys can answer this - I see people recommending swapping out the bump plate but I can't find a post explaining why. Is it just because you might as well do it while you've got everything apart, or is there something about the Icon springs that works better with a different plate or doesn't work at all with the stock one?

Similar question about the bump stop spacer. Icon says it's required, but I'm curious why. And if you use lowering shackles do you still need the spacer?

When you swap to the icon leafs, the stock bump block is discarded. The icon spacer for the bump pad connected to the frame is there to make up for this difference so that your leaf springs don’t come into contact with the frame.

If you’re not going to a full hydraulic bump stop system, the icon spacer is a cheap way to go in order to protect the moving parts. See pictures below to help illustrate.
64754aa75c7756609d2c294d1f8cdc84.jpg

2d8feb5f3e402a2d0f0689ae32ee77fd.jpg

1ec25b1d70c1f73b148ac8c2bfb70c5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The bump stop is built into the lift block between the factory spring and axle. The Icon spring has more arch to it so the block is not required, but you still need to have something for the factory bump stop to contact. The extension or spacer is ment to adjust for the added distance between now that the bump contact plate is further away. You don’t want to land and over compress your new springs or your shocks. IMO

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you swap to the icon leafs, the stock bump block is discarded. The icon spacer for the bump pad connected to the frame is there to make up for this difference so that your leaf springs don’t come into contact with the frame.

If you’re not going to a full hydraulic bump stop system, the icon spacer is a cheap way to go in order to protect the moving parts. See pictures below to help illustrate.
64754aa75c7756609d2c294d1f8cdc84.jpg

2d8feb5f3e402a2d0f0689ae32ee77fd.jpg

1ec25b1d70c1f73b148ac8c2bfb70c5f.jpg

Beat me to it and you have pictures. Nice

pup

Reaction score
Thanks all. That makes sense and the photos are very helpful.

So do you need the new bump plate to work with the bump & spacer, or is that just an extra?

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few ways to go about it. As you can see in my photo above, I’m only running the icon spacer with the stock bump pad currently. That will hit directly on top of the axle when it bottoms out. No bump plate there.

So to answer your question, you don’t have to have the bump plate but you can run it. You’ll typically see bump plates on the hydraulic bump stop set ups as seen below here.
320f78e5281519a658c5d0f4f4747198.jpg

Notice how the bump stop location is moved from the inside of the axle (differential side) to the outside (wheel side).

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few ways to go about it. As you can see in my photo above, I’m only running the icon spacer with the stock bump pad currently. That will hit directly on top of the axle when it bottoms out. No bump plate there.

So to answer your question, you don’t have to have the bump plate but you can run it. You’ll typically see bump plates on the hydraulic bump stop set ups as seen below here.
320f78e5281519a658c5d0f4f4747198.jpg

Notice how the bump stop location is moved from the inside of the axle (differential side) to the outside (wheel side).

Actually I couldn’t tell on my phone you didn’t have a bump plate. I thought it as a requirement, if not than I might just do the plate for hydraulic bump now so I’m not replacing u-bolts later when I install one.

I’ve got a set of the super sumo helpers, I’ll probably run those until I get hydraulic bumps.