Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewabbs

Reaction score
I havent seen anyone mention the highway bounce of the stock shocks:
When driving on cement, the truck hits the seams of the cement and has a bounce to it when empty. At about 75 its enough to shake your voice when talking.

Did anyone have this happen with your stock set up, and the Icons fixed the bounce on the highway?
I am not worried about ICONs Offroad, we have owned them before. But the comments over the 13pages just say "better on highway" and softer. Can anyone help with this set up?

I was looking to go setting 1, with RPG perch collars (1.5").

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I havent seen anyone mention the highway bounce of the stock shocks:
I'm still running the stock shocks with my Deavers and on certain cement freeways with aggressive expansion joints I still get that truck bounce from the rear and I've got a chase rack full with 2 spare tires, a jack and 10lb CO2 tank....I don't blame the shocks, it's still a truck and the only thing that rides like a Cadillac ALL the time is a Cadillac!

drewabbs

Reaction score
I don't blame the shocks, it's still a truck and the only thing that rides like a Cadillac ALL the time is a Cadillac!

Agreed, I have had 5 different truck brands and most get the bounce at different speeds. The RAM was about the only one that didn't. The weight helps in the bed of the truck, but was hoping the Icons would make a bigger difference.

Mazzive

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed my ICON rear leaf pack this weekend using the 3rd option since I run with a bed rack, roof top tent, tool box, 37" spare and a bunch of other gear most of the time when I am offroad. The ride is excellent and I am loving these springs so far.

I do have a question about the rear brake and vent lines. My rear lines seemed a bit tight as I was allowing the axle go to full droop and I would hate to pop a line while out on the trail. Has anyone had to lengthen or modify the rear lines or mounts? Any recommendations?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed my ICON rear leaf pack this weekend using the 3rd option since I run with a bed rack, roof top tent, tool box, 37" spare and a bunch of other gear most of the time when I am offroad. The ride is excellent and I am loving these springs so far.

I do have a question about the rear brake and vent lines. My rear lines seemed a bit tight as I was allowing the axle go to full droop and I would hate to pop a line while out on the trail. Has anyone had to lengthen or modify the rear lines or mounts? Any recommendations?

SDHQ sells a set of six stainless lines and the two lines you need are 2” longer than stock. Think I am going to try and order just the two lines that go to the axle as I have stainless lines from my R1 BBK everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazzive

Reaction score

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are running the stock rear shocks, you shouldn't need longer lines at all....now if you just want to replace the brake lines with SS, then thats another thing...

Mazzive

Reaction score
If you are running the stock rear shocks, you shouldn't need longer lines at all....now if you just want to replace the brake lines with SS, then thats another thing...
Good to know. I am still running the stock rears now but I do intend on running the ICON rears soon just waiting for them to arrive. The Icons give you more droop so I am going to upgrade the lines.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon is built into the body. Fox and king look to be at the “top”

Icon is the only one I’ve seen that way, but I’ve been trying to cut back on my looking.

C0818D68-9B2C-4814-B7EF-90C361546A02.jpeg