Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have some questions now lol, i went full out icon on everything , and now wishing i had bought the icon leafs to. i just installed the icon 3.0 coil overs and rear shocks, as well as uca in the front, on deavers +3. i did no height adjustments to icon out of the box for the coil overs and its at the same height as i had with the geiser spring, but it rides like a limo in the front, the back seems to be a more bumpy on the bumpy roads, even though i adjusted my short compression to full open and the other longer comrpession at 4 to 5 revolutions from closed, the rebound also i started at 4 and now changed to 5 trying to find the sweet spot for daily driving on bad roads that i often drive through. the front coil overs came with only half an inch of thread showing and i can crank them down to raise the front another 2 to 3 inches it seems, of course thats not my plan as it already sits half an inch lower than the rear right now , the back is 43 inches with the deavers +3 and the front is 42.5. i was thinking to swap out the deavers for icons to match the rest of my icon everything on the truck i just dont want the ride in the back to be more stiffer as i have a empty bed and dont tow nothing or have any added weight at all. if i was to get the icon leafs and put them at the option 2 to get the 2 inch over stock lift that would make them 20 percent more stiffer correct? i dont want it to be like a deseil truck over bumpy roads, so if it makes it alot stiffer i would just leave it the way they come at one inch higher than stock. wanted to get some input if anyone has the icons on 2 inch higher and see how it rides without any extra load to the rear, i can increase the front lift to match the rear to make it higher than it is just dont want it to ride super stiff. im not sure if its the geisers that are not taking the the bumpy roads so well or my wrong setup on the new icon 3.0s
I have the Icons at full height and do not notice much difference than when I ran +3hd or regular +3deavers. I’ve ran all 3 sets!

OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone trim their Ubolts after installation? I have about 1" of thread below the bolt. Running option #2.

-mayo

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the site, but looked everywhere and cant find this answered anywhere. My 2017 is bone stock as it comes to suspension. Does anyone run the Icon in setting 2 with stock shocks ? If so how does it handle on both the highway and off road? Also does it rake it out too much with the stock fronts?

OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the site, but looked everywhere and cant find this answered anywhere. My 2017 is bone stock as it comes to suspension. Does anyone run the Icon in setting 2 with stock shocks ? If so how does it handle on both the highway and off road? Also does it rake it out too much with the stock fronts?

unless you had collars or geiser springs I think the rake would be pretty bad.... Just my .02

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, don’t do setting 2 without some lift on the front. It would look and handle terrible. At least put some collars up front. Unless you are loading the bed with some constant weight.

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Icon in stage 1 or 2 setting with a 1.5" perch collar or 2.25/2.5" perch collar will lift the truck but keep the stock rake. Stock shocks have enough travel to not be hurt with the added lift.

We've got a really good deal on the Icon springs plus other parts if you are interested. We are happy to answer any questions and get you all set up.

shortdeck

Reaction score
Has anyone paired the Icon leafs with extended length, (dropped shackles)? I agree the ride has been great but the forward rake is killing me? My wife calls the truck a stink bug. [emoji107]
I don’t know if Deavers have an extra wrap where the leaf spring mounts. This may interfere with some aftermarket shackles.

1bf320abcbdcaa20d3e53bb2bcc50932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like from everything I read, if you do the Icon or Deaver leafs you have to put the bump stops in. Is that a must ?

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It looks like from everything I read, if you do the Icon or Deaver leafs you have to put the bump stops in. Is that a must ?
Negative. Bumpstop systems only help when you're off road and you compress the shock the whole way up, the bumps stop it from "bottoming out"

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative. Bumpstop systems only help when you're off road and you compress the shock the whole way up, the bumps stop it from "bottoming out"
So I can go straight Icon springs in the rear and not have to get the bumps right a way ? That would save me a bunch, then I could get the Icon rears and SVC or RPG coil collars for now. Would you recommend that ?