Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
Hey I’ve got a 2018 SCAB. I’ve done Eibach springs up front and currently have Icon Multi rate springs in the rear set at Option 1. The truck is level and looks and feel great but when I tow anything it gets sloppy. I want to retain the look I have but tow a little better. What I was thinking was changing the Icon springs to option 2 which would make it +20 spring rate over stock and lift it another 1.25”. To combat the additional lift in the rear and keep the truck mostly level could I add a extended leaf shackle ? Essentially I would be keeping the truck the same height and increasing the spring rate by 20% ?
Has anyone done this and did it make a difference towing ?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have Icons and tow a 19' ski boat. I forget it's back there at times.

Might be helpful if you state what you are towing. Any mountain passes? You might just need a WDH.

OP
OP
IndianaRaptor

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
I have Icons and tow a 19' ski boat. I forget it's back there at times.

Might be helpful if you state what you are towing. Any mountain passes? You might just need a WDH.
What level do you have the icons set at ? And I mainly was wanting to see if anyone had tried what I meantioned. I want the spring rate of option 2 without the extra lift. That’s why I was looking into the drop shackles in parallel with option 2 on the icons should keep the truck level and not with a huge rake. I tow a little of everything campers, mini excavators, dirt, wood. No mountain passes all flat ground out here in indiana. Just wanting to stiffen it up a little so it doesn’t drop on its a$$ as soon as I hook a trailer.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I am not sure as they were on the truck when I got it.

Might want to look into airbags. You are talking about a good amount of weight.

Granelli

Reaction score
I've got a supercab on Icons at stage 1. Fox Factory shocks all around so (2") lift up front. I haven't tried the option 2 but it would surely help out regardless of shackles. It's not about power or the strength of components...the supercab is a very short wheel base truck on really soft sidewall tires and when you add any extra height to that scenario, its just a little squirmy. You can push on the side of the truck by the tailgate and wiggle the whole thing easily.

I towed a 2300lb uhaul trailer and two 700lb harleys from the bay area up to tahoe doing 75 no issue in the summer heat, but I don't think the truck would tow a car very well for example. It's too short on too soft of an overall setup.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the icons on level two with a set of +2 drop shackles that essentially just drop it an inch in the rear. together with a set of eibachs up front, she has just 3/4 inch of rake. unnoticeable. towed a Mini countryman (about 6k pounds) for 1300 miles with no issues.

OP
OP
IndianaRaptor

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
I have the icons on level two with a set of +2 drop shackles that essentially just drop it an inch in the rear. together with a set of eibachs up front, she has just 3/4 inch of rake. unnoticeable. towed a Mini countryman (about 6k pounds) for 1300 miles with no issues.
Awesome thanks ! Was hoping to hear that someone had tried it and it worked out. When your not towing do you really notice much of a difference in the rear ? And what shackles did you use ?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I currently have my icon option 2 setup on my truck, I will post a pic soon. I put a scrap leaf underneath the leaf pack to raise it a half inch. option 2 is a big help when towing, but in my opinion too stiff for daily driving. not terrible but just a little annoying as the rear is stiffer then the front

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Scab with Icons on #2. Fox Factory shocks all around. I need to have 350 pounds in the bed, closer to the tailgate is best. Without this weight, it rides like crap. Getting ready to have Kevin at HM to do his long travel magic soon.