Icon Leaf Spring Option Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on Icon leaf springs with their bump stock spacer kit and RPG adjustable perch collars up front. Debating between going with Option 2 or 3. I have decked drawers in the back which are usually loaded up with some work stuff, and just got my front runner rack in. So I'll regularly have a constant load of about 400 lbs. For camping, throw a tent up there with gear and I'm likely up to a constant of 700. For daily driving though, 400 is probably going to be the sweet spot.

I'm leaning towards Option 3 due to that constant load. I'm guessing I'll be at somewhere around 1.5" over stock with the 400 lbs, then obviously when fully loaded for camping I'll be down to only about 0.5" above stock.

Thoughts/insight from anyone who's gone Option 3?

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
I got 2018 screw I'm on option 2 with eibachs upfront. Have a roughly 250lb in back at all times and I sit with a slight rake. Sounds like you need option 3 in ny opinion.
Could you post some pics of your truck ? I just got my icon leaf spring delivered and trying to figure out if option 1 or 2 is best for me. I have a 120lb bedcover and built right industries bed mounts. Planning to add some rotto pax. So I should be around 200lbs constant load on my scab ? Any suggestions?

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is you would be good with option 1. Currently mine sits at 1.25 to 1.5 in of rake depending on what I'm carrying. I have a roof top tent that weighs another 100lb and when that's loaded on with a cooler and other camping stuff I sit level to nose high. Hard to tell from garage pic but it's raining out side if I get out I will get better pic.

20210227_085832.jpg

20200831_083033.jpg

20200828_184123.jpg

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, since this thread was brought back to life. Don’t ever get icon springs, they’re garbage. The heights/compression rates for each option is like throwing darts blindfolded. QC is garbage. I got my icons, tried two different option, and are installing Deavers next week.

Summary: Icon leaf springs are absolute garbage, don’t buy them.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, since this thread was brought back to life. Don’t ever get icon springs, they’re garbage. The heights/compression rates for each option is like throwing darts blindfolded. QC is garbage. I got my icons, tried two different option, and are installing Deavers next week.

Summary: Icon leaf springs are absolute garbage, don’t buy them.

Could you elaborate more on what about the QC is garbage specifically? I am guessing from your post that you feel the spring rates are either different from side to side or that the leaf options with adding leaves isn't equaling out to the right spring rate?

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate more on what about the QC is garbage specifically? I am guessing from your post that you feel the spring rates are either different from side to side or that the leaf options with adding leaves isn't equaling out to the right spring rate?
All of the above. Every spring you get from them is going to be different, there’s no consistency. I needed the compression of Option 3 which is supposed to lift an unloaded truck 3”. I was getting 3.5” with 450 pounds in the bed.

Their customer service doesn’t know anything, specifically Adrian who is the one who posts for them on here. Their go-to response is to “just pick an option that gets you the height you want and let it rip.” They act like Raptor owners buy leaf springs only to achieve a specific height and don’t care about the increased compression for larger loads.

My advice is to figure out exactly what you want to achieve. Talk to your local shop or a vendor like Nick at Apollo on here and people like that will be able to advise you exactly which Deavers you want. Buy those and you’ll get exactly what you expect.