ICON Equipped SDHQ Offroad Built Longtravel Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
So this is really the first time I'm seeing this as a performance mod but what is the advantage to having a spring under rather than a spring over?mod
It allows for more uptravel (without notching the frame, which would allow for even more uptravel) and more travel overall. In addition, most spring under setups resist axle wrap better than spring overs.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

7) better yet? Will this truck be at TRR? And if not, WHY???
Agreed!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with this dual shock front setup, noticed that you went with 2.5's for the coilover and 3.0 for the bypass, could you explain? This is particularly interesting to me because I already have icon 3.0's and would hope that if I was to upgrade in the future that I could reuse and revalve my existing shocks (much like rpg's kit).

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So with this dual shock front setup, noticed that you went with 2.5's for the coilover and 3.0 for the bypass, could you explain? This is particularly interesting to me because I already have icon 3.0's and would hope that if I was to upgrade in the future that I could reuse and revalve my existing shocks (much like rpg's kit).

RLTW you basically need to separate the 2 different set ups here. This SDHQ truck is a their full long travel and is constructed to be installed complete. Understand this kit is +2" over stock, not factory length like the other you mentioned. This is not a kit you can piece together over time. The Raptor does not "need" a 3.0 coilover when running 2 shocks, one being a 3.0 bypass, for it to work great and get the job done. For this SDHQ LT kit the coilover (2.5") is just a coil carrier for the most part. Yes it has valving, but the 3.0 is what is doing most of the work as far as damping.

Moving on to the next set up, this is a system you can purchase over time. The reason we use a 3.0 for the standard length arms with secondary option is they are first designed to be used with 1 shock. We use the 3.0 so we can get done what the truck is asking the shock to do. Then comes the option to add a secondary in this set up. Your truck would work great with a 2.5 coilover here, but we all know that would be going backwards buying another coilover when you decide to add the secondary. So we just add the secondary and re-valve the coilover you already have to keep from buying more parts, allowing you to buy all at once or over time.

Hopefully that helps, if I am not answering what you are after let me know.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No that is great information thanks, where is the standard travel 2 shock setup, can someone link or direct me?

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No that is great information thanks, where is the standard travel 2 shock setup, can someone link or direct me?

SDHQ uses the Camburg arm which works with our 3.0 coilover and then we are close on the secondary for their set up. They are being built now and then will be tested. 2-4 weeks is the estimated timeline from now.

icon_raptor_bypass_teaser.jpg

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome build. This teaser only leaves me wanting more.

1) Is that an upgraded spindle?

2) was anything upgraded in the front drive line other than gears?

3) Does the Dynatrac Dana 80 rear axle come with 4:88 gears, or did you upgrade your upgrades?

4) How much is a CF drive shaft? How durable would it be? What company offers it?

5) Looks like some added under body protection with larger aluminum skid plates? Who made them?

6) Where and how is the second battery mounted?

7) better yet? Will this truck be at TRR? And if not, WHY???

Thanks,

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Here are some answers to these questions:

1) The spindle is a fully fabricated steering knuckle that is a part of our Long Travel System for the Raptors. It is laser cut 4130 chromoly and CNC machined piece of 4130 to attach the hub to the knuckle. It would be considered a "snout block" on 2wd trucks.

2) The front drive line is 100% stock other than the 4.88 gears and the 4130 ProAm CV Axle Shafts (OEM CV Joints Are Reused)

3) The Dana 80 axle starts off as just a housing that you can customize however you like. Dynatrac offers all of their axle assemblies this way. We had this axle set up with 4.88 gears and a Detroit Locker pre-installed so all we had to do was install it in the truck.

4) The carbon fiber driveshaft was made by a company called Dynotech. They manufacture our bolt-in aluminum driveshafts as well. They are well known in the drag car industry for building high quality driveshafts that will handle immense amounts of torque. The carbon fiber driveshaft is no different other than it being incredibly light.

5) The underbelly protection was built here in house and anodized black. We are finishing up pricing and making these SDHQ Raptor Skid Plates available to purchase as a kit or a la cart. They are 1/4" thick aluminum plates that cover from the radiator to the transfer case and the gas tank (options for supercrew and supercab available).

6) Both batteries are mounted in the bed in sealed Jaz Battery Boxes to prevent any damage or corrosion from whatever weather this truck may experience. The boxes are vented to ensure no toxic gas builds up inside the battery boxes. This truck is running two Optima Yellow Top batteries that are electronically controlled via a Painless Performance Digital Power Manager. The electrical system is fed by a 370 Amp Alternator to ensure it can withstand the additional juice needed to run the stereo and extra lights.

What a beaut, that truck is the real deal! Nice taste of mods, and very well done!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the hydro dipped interior? I'm curious as to what it looks like.

sdhq-raptor-carbon-fiber-trim-unique-car-audio-2.jpg

sdhq-raptor-carbon-fiber-trim-unique-car-audio.jpg

sdhq-raptor-carbon-fiber-trim-unique-car-audio-3.jpg

Epic ******* truck, can I just give you my truck and some money and you give me this one?

Your truck and a blank check and you have a deal! haha

I just went broke looking over that mod list. nicely done.. love the suspension, whats the cost?

Our long travel kit starts at $8,495 plus whatever options you would like to add to it!

SDHQ Raptor Long Travel Kit

Ok tell me what makes the front bumper a one off?

What makes this Raptor bumper different than our standard trophy truck bumper is that it is lower profile to the truck. It sits almost completely flush with the lower valence beneath the headlights and grille give the truck very clean lines. It also sports 4 of the Transporter LED Lights From Vision X.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to start weighing my wallet before reading your posts.. I am now adding many items to the mods list.

I do love the look of the Hydro dipped interior. Might need to get my doors done first as I hate the stock aluminum panels.