ICON Equipped Raptor Needed For Movie Shoot - Wilmington, NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are referring to swapping with the old Raptor, it doesn't have a front camera but the Roush does have a front camera. So it won't work out right.

Sure it will. I have a 2011, the factory camera came out in 2012, and I was able to bolt on the factory camera housing with out any issues. Take a close look at the stock grill, you have, and you will see it is set up for the camera housing and the washer jet.

blclay24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to swapping with the old Raptor, it doesn't have a front camera but the Roush does have a front camera. So it won't work out right.

I just so happen to have a rigid grille without the camera hole.. We can always make some sort of deal/trade and make it work for you.. Haha that's all you'd need is two of them

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure it will. I have a 2011, the factory camera came out in 2012, and I was able to bolt on the factory camera housing with out any issues. Take a close look at the stock grill, you have, and you will see it is set up for the camera housing and the washer jet.

I'll have to check that out, when I called my Ford supplier, they said the two grills for the 14 w/ and w/o the camera, were different.

I just so happen to have a rigid grille without the camera hole.. We can always make some sort of deal/trade and make it work for you.. Haha that's all you'd need is two of them

HA, yeah, that is indeed all I need, more parts for the wife to see sitting in the shop...lol

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will be cool to see your truck on the big screen. Do all your decals need to come off? Should be able to keep a FRF one on there at least.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should leave a small but noticeable freedom sticker on it. See if they peel it off. And I can put icon stickers over my stock shocks if they need a second one. Movie sets are known for destroying vehicles. :D

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris, that's great that your truck will be a movie start. I wonder if they told you about the wild sex scene in the back seat?

All kidding aside, you absolutely have to change the grill. Swap it with the one on the 2011 just for the movie shoot.

Also, if you need a truck while here, I might be able to hook you up.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure ALL the decals have to come off, I do have one small Freedom decal on the rear window and plan to leave that one there and let them decide whether to remove it or not. I also believe an FRF sticker would be fitting as well considering how this came about. They did say no company wraps, but I don't think that applies to simple decals, but we will see.

As for the grill. I MIGHT go ahead and order a new one. The one draw back to switching the old one out of the 2011 is that I am taking it to Winston Salem next Tuesday to sell it. I've had an offer on it so it should be gone by the time the movie shoot comes about the following week. I might change the grill out before the movie shoot, maybe. I'll have to see if I can swing it. If so I would definitely need the American flag grill lettering from Josh.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

OH and @Yukon Joe, we may take you up on that. It will just be myself, Caylin and Caden since Cullen and Michelle couldn't get off work in time for it. Zeb and Lorena might come down that Monday or Tuesday. I was talking to him yesterday and they might come down for a couple of days or just for supper. Not sure yet.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not really sure ALL the decals have to come off, I do have one small Freedom decal on the rear window and plan to leave that one there and let them decide whether to remove it or not. I also believe an FRF sticker would be fitting as well considering how this came about. They did say no company wraps, but I don't think that applies to simple decals, but we will see.

As for the grill. I MIGHT go ahead and order a new one. The one draw back to switching the old one out of the 2011 is that I am taking it to Winston Salem next Tuesday to sell it. I've had an offer on it so it should be gone by the time the movie shoot comes about the following week. I might change the grill out before the movie shoot, maybe. I'll have to see if I can swing it. If so I would definitely need the American flag grill lettering from Josh.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

OH and @Yukon Joe, we may take you up on that. It will just be myself, Caylin and Caden since Cullen and Michelle couldn't get off work in time for it. Zeb and Lorena might come down that Monday or Tuesday. I was talking to him yesterday and they might come down for a couple of days or just for supper. Not sure yet.
Understand.
We could also temporarily swap in the grill from little red before you drop it off.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: