Icon delta joint install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that installed your adjustable icon upper control arms yourselves with a slot delete kit, did you run the heims all the way in before putting on the truck and then adjusting from there? Looks like mine shipped with the max adjustment out of the box. Also, did you guys get the icon adjuster wrench in the box? I didn’t see one with my hardware. thanks!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently installed mine - I thought that the arms were pre set to about 3 threads out - which IIRC is pretty neutral. I did NOT install a slot delete kit yet however. I did not receive an adjuster wrench with mine either.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No adjuster with the ones I just got either. Im getting mine installed on the 15th with LCA slot deletes, Ill let you know how it goes

OP
OP
ZackZ

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Talked to a few vendors on here. They all bolt them up out of the box with a slot delete and then adjust from there. Looks like I have about 1/4” of adjustment out of each as they sit out of the box and both said that should be plenty. Waiting on my krazy house slot delete kit to ship tomorrow. Then hopefully getting them installed this weekend or early next!

OP
OP
ZackZ

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I would just pay a little more and get the slot delete. Then you can take advantage of the adjustability of the upper control arms.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I would just pay a little more and get the slot delete. Then you can take advantage of the adjustability of the upper control arms.

I was going to order the Icon UCA from stage3motorsports and they didn’t mention anything about a slot delete kit. I am a little confused on what it does. Is it necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to order the Icon UCA from stage3motorsports and they didn’t mention anything about a slot delete kit. I am a little confused on what it does. Is it necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Necessary? No. What it does is removes adjustability from the lower control arms, as typically when you hit shit hard, you will throw out your alignment. With the lower adjustment locked out so it can not move this won't happen. With the lowers locked out, your adjustment is in the upper arms only.