Icon Compression or Method NV opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at a new set of wheels for my gen 1. I really like both of these and thought i was going to go with the Methods, but the bolt issue has me a little worried.

I also really like the Icon Compression wheels. There doesn't seem to be as much out there on them as far as good or bad. Anyone have them or have any of the Icon wheels and can comment on them as far as quality and durability vs the methods. Are the bolts replaceable on the Icons?

Is it a real problem with the NVs? or do i just say heck with it and get the Method 105 true beadlocks.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Compressions are nice just the newest offering from Icon so not everyone has them yet.

Depending on weather most zinc oxide coated bolts will eventually rust. Method does offer stainless or black painted but it's an extra $30 per wheel. The icons come with painted or stainless bolts so no need to worry about theirs rusting.

We can get you either brand. PM for pricing

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a set of the ICON Rebounds which I absolutely love (very similar setup to Compressions). They are lightweight and sexy as hell. Had them through winter here in Nashville area, no issues. Look new still. Can post pics if helpful.

Dhuka23

Reaction score
Here are pics of my ICON Rebounds. I was originally going to go with Method NV305's but I had the chance to see both wheels side by side in person and instantly fell in love with the Rebounds. They felt like they were built better. My ride has also gotten a little smoother on road when comparing them to my stock 19' wheels I had on before.

Here's a link to a pic of the ICON Compression on a Raptor https://www.instagram.com/p/BwVSET6hl8o/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Raptor1.JPG Raptor 2.jpg Raptor3.JPG

OP
OP
mpk1996

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. Looking at the Icons for sure now.