Icon bumpstop install issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I should state this first, ICON has a very well engineered product and have put in a lot of work to make this an exceptional asset for the Raptor...I don't want to tarnish any work they have done. This product will work as advertised on a stock Raptor...specifically a stock exhaust on the Raptor. This is just a warning post that an aftermarket exhaust might have issues on the install job. This is in reference to a Borla Touring exhaust system"

Well, the ICON bumpstop is installed , but the bracket turnbuckle arms cannot be install because of the aftermarket Borla exhaust is in the way. The exhaust has to be bent/cut and lifted up to maximum position to fix this problem. I don't think that would be a good idea having the exhaust pipes rubbing/hitting the ICON support beam. So it looks like the turnbuckle arms will not be installed.

Attachments

• 20141024_164014.jpg
    20141024_164014.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 20141024_163248.jpg
    20141024_163248.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20141024_163209.jpg
    20141024_163209.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Kinda sucks. I ended up not able to use Icon UCA cause they won't work for me either.

db04257f8abc94e126ec0c110b87828f.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a different exhaust. Mbrp turndown.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue with mine, I was able to tweak the hangers a bit and add a few washers as spacers and it was ok but I still didnt like it. I sold the borla exhaust and installed a side exit JBA. So glad i switched to the JBA side exit its a much nicer install and I like the sounds just a well.

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this defiantly sucks. You never really know what works until you cross that bridge sort of speak. Got to think about this one. Just bought the Borla touring exhaust a month and a half ago...himmmmmm....

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this defiantly sucks. You never really know what works until you cross that bridge sort of speak. Got to think about this one. Just bought the Borla touring exhaust a month and a half ago...himmmmmm....

Ya, I called em, and on the web site it says it works with the stock system only but, it has been installed with other systems too but designed for the stock exhaust system. They said to just leave off the one side tension-er its not that big of a deal. I felt for teh money it cost I didnt like having only one tensioner on so I changed to the side exit exhaust.

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware

"I should state this AGAIN, ICON has a very well engineered product and have put in a lot of work to make this an exceptional asset for the Raptor...I don't want to tarnish any work they have done. This product will work as advertised on a stock Raptor...specifically a stock exhaust on the Raptor. This is just a warning post that an aftermarket exhaust might have issues on the install job. This is in reference to a Borla Touring exhaust system that is installed on my Raptor...

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my MagnaFlow system. Ended up taking off the rear section and putting a turn down on.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the stock on and even that rubbed because the hangers had loosened up so I bent them up and ordered an mbrp (which I needed anyways cause I'd just dovetailed my bed).

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue with mine, I was able to tweak the hangers a bit and add a few washers as spacers and it was ok but I still didnt like it. I sold the borla exhaust and installed a side exit JBA. So glad i switched to the JBA side exit its a much nicer install and I like the sounds just a well.

Did you remove the entire Borla exhaust or only from the resonator back...if so how did it fit?