ICON bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeremyG

Reaction score
Have installed all of the stage 4 icon components but the bumps(coming next week) I can say if you are handy and have the tools it’s pretty easy. The hardest was cutting through the stock leaf bolts to get off the old leafs. Have gone through both the SVC and icon bump install directions which are similar except the icon has an extra tension support system off the cross beam which may call for you reposition your exhaust hangers to fit. I will comment more on install when I get them in and then again on first desert run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyG

Reaction score
a655e38fdda36afb78eebf250bdd810e.jpga865e8659b3d6dbf2cfbd1c811aa0ce0.jpg

Here are two pics, one is a freshly installed icon leaf spring on my truck and the other icons gen2 truck. Yes, the picture angles are different but both are option 1. I have seen both I would say both are what they advertise, one inch over stock , but my freshly installed leafs may be 1/4 higher. Which will help allow for settling. I do have to say that when I saw the Icon truck it was obvious they have been testing the truck and the leafs were at there settled position.
I was curious if having 70lb icon bumps, built rite racking, bed cover and other things in my bed may affect the decision to go from option 1 to 2 with the leafs and after talking with the Icon Engineer, he recommended option 1 and I’m happy with that decision.

OP
OP
Halo Raptor

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a655e38fdda36afb78eebf250bdd810e.jpga865e8659b3d6dbf2cfbd1c811aa0ce0.jpg

Here are two pics, one is a freshly installed icon leaf spring on my truck and the other icons gen2 truck. Yes, the picture angles are different but both are option 1. I have seen both I would say both are what they advertise, one inch over stock , but my freshly installed leafs may be 1/4 higher. Which will help allow for settling. I do have to say that when I saw the Icon truck it was obvious they have been testing the truck and the leafs were at there settled position.
I was curious if having 70lb icon bumps, built rite racking, bed cover and other things in my bed may affect the decision to go from option 1 to 2 with the leafs and after talking with the Icon Engineer, he recommended option 1 and I’m happy with that decision.

Nice. Im taking it one step at a time. First is bumps for the protection, and collars for the front. Next will be Icon springs, then eventually shocks.

JeremyG

Reaction score
IMG_6404.jpgIMG_6405.jpgIMG_6409.jpg
Airbumps will be in next week to finish the stage 4. Sits higher in the rear and looks good to me. Engineers at icon say with the bumps won’t lower the rear. Kinda bummed can’t test the truck till I get them as I don’t have there stock extension bump stops.

OP
OP
Halo Raptor

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 120030View attachment 120031View attachment 120032
Airbumps will be in next week to finish the stage 4. Sits higher in the rear and looks good to me. Engineers at icon say with the bumps won’t lower the rear. Kinda bummed can’t test the truck till I get them as I don’t have there stock extension bump stops.

Truck looks great man.. Once those bumps go on, that thing is going to tear it up

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeremyG

Reaction score
Well I have not taken it Offroad as I’m waiting for the bumps but I can say that it is a little stiffer than stock. The Cadillac floating stock feel is gone giving a more planted feel as well as the axel wrap is gone. If I was asked my advise over Fox, King and Icon. I could not give it as I have not been in a Fox/King setup but have heard go with Fox for the stock ride feel or Icon if you don’t mind a little stiffer and hit the desert hard. The King setup is somewhere between. I am happy with my decision and will use and abuse them frequently. For someone that uses the truck on road 95% of the time those stock shocks are awesome and I would not upgrade to any of the three companies. Of course I have not taken them off-roading yet so that experience may solidify my current view or change it. Only time will tell.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have not taken it Offroad as I’m waiting for the bumps but I can say that it is a little stiffer than stock. The Cadillac floating stock feel is gone giving a more planted feel as well as the axel wrap is gone. If I was asked my advise over Fox, King and Icon. I could not give it as I have not been in a Fox/King setup but have heard go with Fox for the stock ride feel or Icon if you don’t mind a little stiffer and hit the desert hard. The King setup is somewhere between. I am happy with my decision and will use and abuse them frequently. For someone that uses the truck on road 95% of the time those stock shocks are awesome and I would not upgrade to any of the three companies. Of course I have not taken them off-roading yet so that experience may solidify my current view or change it. Only time will tell.

Please do let us know when you take the truck off roading I am lost between the 3 companies and cant make a decision, but I heard a lot about icons and leaning towards them but cant make up my mind.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The icons work good but ive never ran the others to say if better or not. If installing yourself leave the outside pieces loose until you insert the middle section. The over the axle exhaust tubes go thru the gussets. But the gussets just pins in(easy to adjust). If you have aftermarket exhaust you may need to adjust it.

OP
OP
Halo Raptor

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tested my ICON bumps for the first time this weekend. I beat the shit out of the truck in the desert on Saturday. The rear felt fantastic, no probs at all. I checked under the rear after a really rough section and saw I used about 1.5" of the total travel of the exposed bump shaft. There was plenty left. With stock front shock barring jumping it completely off the ground, I dont know how much faster I can go. BTW I run stock front shocks with RPG adjustable collar set to 2.25" in front and stock shocks and leafs in the rear. I dont know if the cross support was the ticket but I felt zero flex in the rear bed. Im sold on the ICON bumps now