GEN 2 ICON .5-2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called Eibach and spoke to a rep, Spring is linear and 548 ponds per inch of compression. They didn't say to what point, I'm supposed to get an email follow up.

Geiser... Never answers the phone when I call. I've tried twice (from a over seas phone number maybe they won't answer).

Anyone know factory spring rate? I've seen anything from 550-720

I read an interesting write up from an ICON guy, he was talking about spring rate. Its dated 2011 post number 107
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/guys-with-icons.26745/page-11#post-520822

different than what I found online, sorry

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://eibach.com/us/c-145-product-releases-2017-ford-f-150-raptor-pro-lift-kit.html

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
FRONT:
OE rate: 93 N/mm (533 lbs/in)
PRO-LIFT-KIT rate: 102 N/mm (583 lbs/in)
Bump-stop: OE
Damper: OE
Tubing: N/A
OE hub center to fender: 608 mm
PRO-LIFT-KIT hub center to fender: 672 mm

Your Eibach phone rep disagrees with their own website....
Figures... No info comes up about spring rate if you actually look up the spring by vehicle. I clicked on Install instructions, it lists out instructions for a 2007-17 Tundra.

ewm98

Reaction score
https://eibach.com/us/c-145-product-releases-2017-ford-f-150-raptor-pro-lift-kit.html

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
FRONT:
OE rate: 93 N/mm (533 lbs/in)
PRO-LIFT-KIT rate: 102 N/mm (583 lbs/in)
Bump-stop: OE
Damper: OE
Tubing: N/A
OE hub center to fender: 608 mm
PRO-LIFT-KIT hub center to fender: 672 mm

Your Eibach phone rep disagrees with their own website....

There had been rumors that Eibach had redesigned the spring and lowered the spring rate for a softer ride. If the rumor is true maybe they didn’t bother to update their website. I’m not entirely sure but it might be something to investigate further.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There had been rumors that Eibach had redesigned the spring and lowered the spring rate for a softer ride. If the rumor is true maybe they didn’t bother to update their website. I’m not entirely sure but it might be something to investigate further.

that would make sense, since I never heard anyone say anything positive about them

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

that would make sense, since I never heard anyone say anything positive about them

The more dealers I talk to the more they tell me to stay away from the Eibach if I can. So that means Perch, Geiser or entire assembly. (entire assembly not an option at the present time)

How much pre-load can you put on factory spring to gain lift before placing the shock out of ride zone? If it's possible to do that than a Geiser has got to be putting the shock way outside of the ride zone at 2.5 inches of lift, or am I missing something? People talk about this but it's never really answered. If putting preload on the springs is not the best option then why do all the leading manufactures have it as a standard option on all the after market options? I'm coming from a 1-ton diesel I drove for over 15 years so forgive me while I try to get my head around this.

Looking more and more like I'll go the Icon AAC, it will allow some adjustibility to decide if I need to actually get Geiser or assembly later on. For me I want the truck to have a slight rake.

I'm at work and can't drink, if I could drink I could figure this out.

ewm98

Reaction score
The more dealers I talk to the more they tell me to stay away from the Eibach if I can. So that means Perch, Geiser or entire assembly. (entire assembly not an option at the present time)

How much pre-load can you put on factory spring to gain lift before placing the shock out of ride zone? If it's possible to do that than a Geiser has got to be putting the shock way outside of the ride zone at 2.5 inches of lift, or am I missing something? People talk about this but it's never really answered. If putting preload on the springs is not the best option then why do all the leading manufactures have it as a standard option on all the after market options? I'm coming from a 1-ton diesel I drove for over 15 years so forgive me while I try to get my head around this.

Looking more and more like I'll go the Icon AAC, it will allow some adjustibility to decide if I need to actually get Geiser or assembly later on. For me I want the truck to have a slight rake.

I'm at work and can't drink, if I could drink I could figure this out.

I can’t speak to which perch collars puts the truck out of ride height and which don’t. I will say though that if 2.5 inches takes the shock out of the optimal ride zone then a lot of people have messed up putting on +2.5”collars or Geisers.

On the Eibach front, I’ve been running the Eibach spring for almost 20K miles now and a can tell you that it is not anywhere as bad as people make it out to be. Is the truck stiffer than stock? Yes, but that should be expected since it’s clearly stated by Eibach. But it’s not harsh in by any means. I still float over road imperfections and can comfortably cruse down the wash at 70+ mph. I think that is you talk to people who have the springs you’ll find that the stiffness of the ride is extremely exaggerated. I would urge you to take a look at Dude1782’s build thread and see all that he has done with his truck on Eibachs.

I personally would tell you that if you think your going to go to full on replacement later down the road then you should just get a collar for now skip past the Geisers. If you think your going to stay with stock shocks then go ahead and do either of the springs. You can’t go wrong with any of your choices unless you throw a spacer on top of the coil.

I’m sure somebody will disagree with my opinion but hey, maybe my 2 cent will help you and others come to a decision on what’s best for your situation.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak to which perch collars puts the truck out of ride height and which don’t. I will say though that if 2.5 inches takes the shock out of the optimal ride zone then a lot of people have messed up putting on +2.5”collars or Geisers.

On the Eibach front, I’ve been running the Eibach spring for almost 20K miles now and a can tell you that it is not anywhere as bad as people make it out to be. Is the truck stiffer than stock? Yes, but that should be expected since it’s clearly stated by Eibach. But it’s not harsh in by any means. I still float over road imperfections and can comfortably cruse down the wash at 70+ mph. I think that is you talk to people who have the springs you’ll find that the stiffness of the ride is extremely exaggerated. I would urge you to take a look at Dude1782’s build thread and see all that he has done with his truck on Eibachs.

I personally would tell you that if you think your going to go to full on replacement later down the road then you should just get a collar for now skip past the Geisers. If you think your going to stay with stock shocks then go ahead and do either of the springs. You can’t go wrong with any of your choices unless you throw a spacer on top of the coil.

I’m sure somebody will disagree with my opinion but hey, maybe my 2 cent will help you and others come to a decision on what’s best for your situation.

I read Dudes1782's build... a couple of times. I even asked him about the Eibach springs. That is one of the reasons I researched them as long as I did. What was the elevation change on your front end when you went to Eibach? did it stay or settle? I fully expect what ever I do is going to make it a stiffer ride, whether its spring perch of spring replacement. If I go with a full replacement it wouldn't be until the factory shocks need rebuilt, if I do at all.

Pm inbound

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im not buying this "ride zone" ********.....

13" of travel in the front.... 1.5"-2.5" difference in static height isn't gonna change jack squat....