Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

1. Nghtmre

Nghtmre Member

I’m wanting to upgrade my IC and move it behind the grille. I was watching some videos and noticed that the IC had a fan attached to it.
    I do cross county survey work and sometimes I can be sitting in the truck not moving for hours (sometimes 8 plus hours). During summer i keep the truck on because it’s too hot to not have the AC running. Is this going to do any damage to my turbos if I remove those fans and relocate the IC?

2. Kmorgs

Kmorgs Full Access Member

CVF IC is good option that keeps the fans.

CVF-Jason likes this.
  3. RW17FX4

RW17FX4 Member

no, in my opinion you are absolutely fine... simply parked at idle you are off boost and have no needed for the charge air to be cooled for all intents and purposes

4. COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Turbo safety would not be changed with the relocated intercooler, as the intercooler is located after the turbo in the air path into the engine regardless of whether its in the stock location or behind the grille. So, the turbos really aren't seeing any change in operation at idle. Plus, the stock radiator fan setup is pretty powerful and can really move some air, so whenever the rad. fan activates based on coolant temp., you'll get some air movement over the intercooler too that will help to drop charge air temperatures.

Booth9999 likes this.
  5. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 FRF Addict

This.

Booth9999 and Nghtmre like this.
  6. TwizzleStix

TwizzleStix FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hey Cobb! Related question: When can we get the AP/AT updated to allow us to adjust the IC fan on/off temperatures?

7. COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We've added the IC fan control table plus a IC fan monitor into our Protuner software (ATP), and will just need to release an update for the end-user software (AT). Should be able to make that happen soon. I'll ping you when that update is available!

Booth9999 and TwizzleStix like this.
  8. Nghtmre

Nghtmre Member

Awesome! Thank you.

9. Nghtmre

Nghtmre Member

I’ve been really wanting to do this but was unsure about what damage I might cause without the fans. Now that I know I’ll be relocating soon. Thanks guys!

10. jimmyjamm

jimmyjamm Member

Keep in mind as well, moving the intercooler up in front of the radiator (relocation at all) will likely void any sort of warranty on the engine.
    I do field work (I am geologist) and I kept the intercooler in the stock location and got a winch bumper that allowed me to maintain intercooler in stock location and still have flow to it.