I was "that guy" today driving "too fast" in the snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XCReapor

Reaction score
Biggest issue I see during my morning commute, most of the Honda's & Camry's are looking out through a 4" windshield as that is all they scraped. Defrost and wipers are not going to jack when it is below zero, at least until you drive for 20 minutes. These are the A-Holes slowing down both lanes of the local 4 lane road...

Exactly, how freaking long does it take to take the snow off your car??? It's like these people never seen snow before...

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles are insane in bad weather. A lot of people dont realize what these vehicles are capable. I was driving home in a blizzard one night doing almost the regular speed limit. I think we got about 4-6 inches of snow but my raptor handled it like a champ. There was a section jammed up with stuck vehicles on my off ramp to home. The ramp makes a 270° turn and ices up easily. I was so tempted to cut across the field and skip all the stuck drivers. What stopped me? 3 squad cars with police helping stuck vehicles.

FFCJ

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I pay more for my vehicle, more for insurance, more for tires, more for increased fuel usage on 80 degree days where I could drive a more 'fuel efficient' vehicle, have spent my adult life learning how to drive in adverse conditions, have spent most of my adult life in a career controlling other people's 'chaos' they could not handle.....
Yep, give me the left lane and keep your Prius! And kiss my #$%

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my Super Duty Diesel Tremor out in this once in a lifetime winter blizzard in Texas. It performed perfectly in 4H and much better than my Raptor with 37" Toyo RTs which aren't really "snow worthy" tires. ;)

The Raptor-style running boards kept the snow and ice off of the sides because I am still running the narrow factory 35" Duratracs for now. This was after driving 50+ miles in the snow and ice in the Houston area.

Tremor Ice.jpeg

Here are both trucks tucked away in the garage before the storms rolled in. :cool:

Tremor-Raptor.jpeg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I yet to install many of my after market products but will this spring but there is one mod where I have a hidden switch that I knew I had to install.

I usually don't have to hit the second button and no one has ever flipped me off yet.

20190302_100255.jpg