I want a Raptor, but... (Garage Fitment Concerns)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 car garage. Work bench’s and my wife’s Saleen take up the spaces. With serious complications if I try to garage the Raptor.

OP
OP
LueMart87

LueMart87

Reaction score
I garage mine and it barely fits stock. My garage is plenty long but only 79 inch clearance....Fits like a glove. It doesn't sound like you actually have an issue...even if you put on a leveling kit. Larger wheel or tires aren't something you should do to a truck you paid 70k+ primarily for the suspension setup. Larger wheels or tires will just reduce MPG, increase weight, reduce acceleration times and provide barely any additional clearance. The trucks are designed and you are paying up for a perfect suspension tuned for what the truck is designed for. Leave em at 35s with 17" rims. Spend your money on a tune, Xpel PPF, bed cover, intercooler/air intake....park it in your garage and drool every time you walk out there:)

Thanks for the input, you do have a point there when it comes to the engineering of the truck. It was built to be bad a** so i shouldn't mess with it too much. I don't really plan too, just wanted to get nicer wheels and beefier tires. All the other stuff though, thats a solid for sure gonna happen (performance mods, tune, etc)

OP
OP
LueMart87

LueMart87

Reaction score
So did you measure top of garage or overhang on garage door?

what I did was ask in a local group if anyone had one that I could test fit in my garage. Worked well, since I was able to verify that it would fit once I had it where I wanted it.

I would have your friend with the leveled, 37s measure their garage height (make sure to measure to overhang and not the top of the garage it’s self, this way you will know if your clearance is the same if it will fit.

hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips, i'll ask my friends as well as anyone i find here locally and see if i get lucky.