I want a Raptor, but... (Garage Fitment Concerns)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LueMart87

Reaction score
So, I've been looking into getting a new Raptor (2019) for some time now. I feel like I'm now willing to pull the trigger and have been actively looking for one. My concern however is I have a friend who has one and after a leveling kit and wheels and tires hers doesn't fit in the garage anymore. Her brother however has 37's on 17's and it does (he went for a more off road spec wheel/tire setup).

So heres my thing, my garage from floor to top measures 83", and i know the Raptor stock is 78.5" so that leaves me with 4.5" of wiggle.

My dilemma is no real car guy leaves their vehicles stock, so what would be a good wheel/tire spec combo that i can upgrade too that will still not give me issues?

-
-
Before i hear, "its a truck leave it outside" (lol) this is going to be a toy for me so i don't want to spend 70k+ and then another 10,20,30k in upgrades just to leave it outside getting beat by the sun since i won't be touching it at all during the week.

Thanks in advance for your help guys, looking forward to hear and possibly see your raptors.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you measure top of garage or overhang on garage door?

what I did was ask in a local group if anyone had one that I could test fit in my garage. Worked well, since I was able to verify that it would fit once I had it where I wanted it.

I would have your friend with the leveled, 37s measure their garage height (make sure to measure to overhang and not the top of the garage it’s self, this way you will know if your clearance is the same if it will fit.

hope that helps!

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1.5 level kit and 35s, no issue in the garage.

factory wheels with maxxis RAZR mts

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zero issues with height. My problem was when the door comes down it caught on the tailgate, Jusssstt barely. I removed the offending width wise rib from the door and back the truck in, making contact with my house(I have a couple rugs it rests against) and when the door drops I have less than an inch clearance, but it may as well be a mile. I was never comfortable leaving my truck outside.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the room to have an 8 foot door installed?

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My garage is 20x20 in the bay area.. it just doesn't fit... I leave it at another house with a longer garage. Length is my problem....

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I garage mine and it barely fits stock. My garage is plenty long but only 79 inch clearance....Fits like a glove. It doesn't sound like you actually have an issue...even if you put on a leveling kit. Larger wheel or tires aren't something you should do to a truck you paid 70k+ primarily for the suspension setup. Larger wheels or tires will just reduce MPG, increase weight, reduce acceleration times and provide barely any additional clearance. The trucks are designed and you are paying up for a perfect suspension tuned for what the truck is designed for. Leave em at 35s with 17" rims. Spend your money on a tune, Xpel PPF, bed cover, intercooler/air intake....park it in your garage and drool every time you walk out there:)