I think I have the dreaded Cam Phaser Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my truck this AM and it sounded like there were loose marbles in the motor... Taking it in this week. I have a 2019, has anyone seen this in the 2019 models?

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Gents. No issues with my 19 yet, just under 11k on the clock. You Gents have any mods? I have the Roush power pack II. What oil are you running ?

BRaptorr

Reaction score
Running Mobil 1 full synthetic . Changed at 2 k and just now at 5k. Yes it’s overkill but I sleep better.
So I took it in to the dealership I bought it at in September, verified cam phasers, said I had two options. One was to replace them with the current model phasers , or I could wait because ford was coming out with a new design. Also said that it would not hurt anything.
Next was the local dealership, and they said they verified the same story. I personally really like their service department. Just waiting on ford for the release.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will Ford do this BEFORE the problem occurs as a recall?

RaptorIII

Reaction score
Are the cam phasers covered by the warranty or is this something that's going to be out of pocket and if so what is the cost of said work, my Raptor has 85.000 miles but I don't hear any noise at this point but I bought this Raptor used.

Would it be good because I don't know the history of this truck to have it checked ?

Also I really like this forum you guy have given me a lot of peace of mind and that's why I bought a used Raptor, thank you

Ben

BRaptorr

Reaction score
As of now and what they’ve told me it’s covered under warranty. From the reading and other forum on here it’s a hit or miss whether you have it or not. But they should be able to pull that info from your vin to see if it’s been done on yours.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the cam phasers covered by the warranty or is this something that's going to be out of pocket and if so what is the cost of said work, my Raptor has 85.000 miles but I don't hear any noise at this point but I bought this Raptor used.

Would it be good because I don't know the history of this truck to have it checked ?

Also I really like this forum you guy have given me a lot of peace of mind and that's why I bought a used Raptor, thank you

Ben
If you don't have the noise (it's only at startup, usually when cold) then don't worry about it.