I smell a leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memheli

Reaction score
I have a leak...I think.
For context I nearly always run with the back seat up and like utilizing the Sun???i can’t recall Velcro mole panel. I also keep bits in the bin inset in to floor where the gas funnel is stowed, like a rag, socks, binoculars. All that matters for investigative purposes... Twice now I’ve noticed in cleaning the items are wet. Like the crappy SOG knife is wet. A pair of socks shoved in their as spare are soaked. This after two pretty hard rains.

I’ve tried to trace up. Nothing. Looked to the side and nothing. Looks below the bin...seems dry with no traces. Anyone else been they this already? Any ideas?

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you from England??? So water is getting in, I'm guessing? Do you have a moonroof? That could be leaking on the drains, since it's a gen 1 or the "sat" antenna could be leaking there as well.

OP
OP
memheli

memheli

Reaction score
Are you from England??? So water is getting in, I'm guessing? Do you have a moonroof? That could be leaking on the drains, since it's a gen 1 or the "sat" antenna could be leaking there as well.
US here. Yes I have a moonroof. I can’t figure how water is getting from the roof into this subfloor bin though. And not below it as far as I can see.

raptorman

Reaction score
check your sliding back window. might be open just enough to leak but not be obvious. my window switch failed on me and i thought it was fully closed, but it wasnt.

Totaled

Reaction score
There are two louvers in the lower back corners of the cab that are hardly visible with the truck box on. A leak can be occurring from there. In the picture, you will see that the louver is missing because it was removed during the work on my box.

IMG_1250.JPG