I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I went with a 30" radius and added to ridged cubes is use for fogs. fits well

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
I had a Gen1 scab and now a Gen2 scab - if I wanted 4 doors I'd buy a Navigator! These are performance off-road trucks, not tow rigs, limo's, or boulevard cruisers. I also have a TJ but the market in jeeps is also dominated by 4 doors. I'd rather have better off-road capability but I get that 4 doors sell as everybody wants to take an entourage with them wherever they go.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always buy with the resale in mind. I have yet to see a Gen 2 SCAB where I live.
I went with SCREW just for resale alone.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a suicide-door Chevy extended cab many years ago. Never again.
It's a major PITA in a parking lot putting something in the back seat; opening one door to open the second takes too much room.
Forget actually trying to get someone out of or into the back seat in a parking lot - especially with the extra width of a raptor not fitting most parking lot spaces to begin with.

HankTheTank

Reaction score
SCAB LIFE! Seems the 3% are all on here.

I don’t have kids so no need for extra leg room. Love the compact look and enhanced off-road capability. Never had an issue with the suicide doors. I admit I am envious of the larger gas tank on the SCREW.298B8A69-8510-4AD2-B07B-B9B96F3CB257.jpeg

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had issues with the doors once or twice; no getting into the back seat in my garage most of the time. That said, resale value is a non issue. You might not get a bite as quick, but the demand stays about the same. SCABs are the go-to for offroad builds.

DSC00680.JPG

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lady likes to remind me we don't have room back there for certain activities....
It’s impossible to climb back there without someone in the front. Maybe that someone can keep watch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had both. My gen 1 was a SCREW and my gen 2 is a SCAB. The clamshell doors take a little bit to get use to. Also can be a little awkward in tight spaces or if someone from the back has to get out, the front passenger has to let them out. Neither are a big deal for me as I rarely shuttle around too many people. Either way, I think we can all agree it’s one hell of a truck to own regardless of door/gas tank configuration.

73f07f80de26095d88b221907eab6c75.jpg

f69e5a725ae2f1b6ccbc702cd0dbf735.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the scab, but I went with a screw for the larger tank and the fact that it'll be my company truck for when I do mobile details. More room for supplies if I don't want then in the bed