I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went SCREW as having a true crew cab is essential for me in a pickup but I do like the look of the shorter SCAB. One big downside to the SCAB is the -2000lbs towing capacity. What is the major thing that makes up that difference? Wheel base??

Alan C

Reaction score
I got the scab and have 0 regrets. My three boys are 6,3 and 1 so they fit fine, it looks better to me, is more balanced when hooning around, and I think in ten years they will be the most sought after raptors. If people are buying them as a toy, it will be more appealing.

I didn't know they got rid of the sunroof in 2019. My 2017 has it. It was a deal breaker for me without one. I saw about ten SCAB's for sale over the four months I looked. Only mine and one other had the sunroof.

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a scab but i didnt like it, every time i had to put stuff in the back it was frustrating and i didnt like the suicide doors and i also think they look unproportionate, i love the bigger gas tank in the screw and the fact i can open the back without having to open the front

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went SCREW as having a true crew cab is essential for me in a pickup but I do like the look of the shorter SCAB. One big downside to the SCAB is the -2000lbs towing capacity. What is the major thing that makes up that difference? Wheel base??

This is probably the biggest downside, as my family fits fine even with big car seats.

Offroad the SCAB does much better, high and low speed. Much easier to throw around, and that applies to the parking lot too.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my SCAB as soon as the order banks opened in 2016. I knew i wouldn't find what I wanted on the dealer lots. I still haven't seen a new SCAB at the dealers. I saw a used 2017 SCAB about a month ago and it was only there for a couple days.
I was at my dealer quite a few times during the process of looking and never saw a SCAB in stock. On the day I finally decided to order,someone was picking up a Lightning Blue SCAB.