I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I think I read an article that only 10% of Raptors produced were SCABs. My 2011 was a SCAB and I loved everything except the suicide rear doors and small fuel tank. I like the look of the SCAB better but ordered a SCREW for my 2018. No regrets. I was a little worried about the turning radius but it really isn't an issue. The extra 12" in length is noticeable at all while driving but the benefit of the real rear doors, backseat room, and fuel capacity are well worth the extra cost.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Scab is better for rocky trails and for turning sharper. If you spend a lot of time off road the Scab is a better choice, for a family or a need for a big back seat a Screw is better. The Scab is about 300 pounds lighter but the gas tank is smaller, and the wheelbase is less which make the brake over angle better.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really love my SCAB and the only SCREW feature I wish I could add would be a larger fuel tank.

BTW – The turning radius is very impressive for the size of my truck.
I ordered a SCAB also. Like you, the smaller fuel tank is the only down side. I like the fact I can fit it easily into the garage and the suicide doors make it easy to put stuff in back. I've only used the rear seat for a passenger twice.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 10% for MY2017 overall for SCABs (2300 out of ~24000). My guess would be that 2018/19 were lower as the first year included a lot of customer orders, like gen 1 scab owners wanting to upgrade, whereas in later years you had more dealer ordered stock sitting on lots. Dealers almost exclusively order screws, something like 96%.

When I was shopping for my scab there was raptorfinder were you could see all the Raptor VINS for sale in the country and there were like 2200 Raptors for sale and 80 (yes 80) were SCABs. I do not believe that included customer orders though. The site is no longer updated, but right now they list 2760 Raptors and 76 are SCABs (not even 3%)

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my SCAB as soon as the order banks opened in 2016. I knew i wouldn't find what I wanted on the dealer lots. I still haven't seen a new SCAB at the dealers. I saw a used 2017 SCAB about a month ago and it was only there for a couple days.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
I have a SCAB. My 2000 F-250 7.3 diesel is a SCAB. If I wanted a four door vehicle I would have bought a car. Almost never do I have a passenger in the back seat. I would have never purchased if only available in four door. All the room I need in the back seat for me and my junk....love my shadow black SCAB....My fourth short bed truck.