I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fury Road

Reaction score
Yep, got mine in December 2019. Traded my 2014 SCREW for a SCAB. I wanted something that I could more easily fit into my garage. I don't haul passengers much as I learned with my previous Raptor. However, the big negative is that loading stuff in the back seat area sucks compared to the SCREW. I like the look of this truck, however. I had the choice between this one or one just like it but SCREW and sunroof for 3K more but I chose this one on purpose. My only other concern will be trade-in value. They are all Raptors though!

MODS:
-rubber bed liner over the sprayed in bedliner
-rear wheel well liners
-dash carpet
-front splash guards
-auto-stop delete (using the forescan method)
-cloth console cover
-tonneau cover
-OEM bed extenders

View attachment 121929

What rubber bed liner did you go with over the bedliner and why?

WOP_Drive

Reaction score
Hey all! I've got Raptor Fever, and I'm gettin' ready to place an order.

Ideally, I'd like the SCREW for its massive backseat room, etc, but it only fits in my two-car garage on an angle, taking up BOTH spots AND clearing the wall and garage door by only FRACTIONS of an inch. No chance of remodeling/moving etc.

I want to garage park whatever I buy. . . and parking a SCREW on an angle with very little clearance on a DAILY basis does NOT sound practical.The SCAB would fit straight-away. . . so I'm leaning towards it right now. The benefits you all mention for the SCAB help me feel better about this.

I've sat in the back of an XLT SCAB and it wasn't bad. Tomorrow, I'm test-driving the one-and-only "new" SCAB (a 2018) in the Denver Metro Area. . . just to get a feel for it.

My Raptor fever stems from its POWER, off-road mastery, on-road luxury and overall intimidating look.

Options I plan to order include: 802, Technology, bead-lock wheels, Recaro Seats, spray-in bedliner and tailgate step assist. . . very excited. . . just gotta pull the trigger now.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Baja right now and the SCAB turns amazingly well. Dialing in the fox 3.0's and loving every minute of it. I had the same issue, a screw wouldn't fit in the garage. Plus the Scabs are faster and handle and look best!!! Lol

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm in Baja right now and the SCAB turns amazingly well. Dialing in the fox 3.0's and loving every minute of it. I had the same issue, a screw wouldn't fit in the garage. Plus the Scabs are faster and handle and look best!!! Lol

but you'll always have gas tank envy. :p

There are a few routes going from northern Baja to southern Baja that I'd be nervous on if I didn't have a 36-gallon tank and 15 gallons in cans.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I've got Raptor Fever, and I'm gettin' ready to place an order.
I didn't really see a question in there but you posted to a thread dominated by people HEAVILLY partyial to the shorter version. Very few SCAB owners will try to dissuade you from getting one and say get the SCREW.

I will say these few things...
  • If you have kids or intend to carry more than 2 people over 50% of the time the SCREW will probably work better.
  • I spend 90% of the miles in the seat alone or with a single passenger, so the choice is clear.
  • I have sat in the backseat, am exactly 6 feet tall and there's plenty of leg room.
  • The rear seat-back seemed a bit upright to me, thinking I wouldn't want to sit back there more than a few hours.
  • I wish the half-door opened normally, the "suicide" configuration means no B-pillar for seat-belts.
  • Turn radius is a serious concern in some off-road conditions
  • Shorter wheelbase helps prevent high-centering when cresting a steep ridge.
  • A ton of other things I'm too lazy to list.