GEN 2 I rip off rear fox shock at 40 m/h

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrT

Reaction score
If the weld on the axle failed the shock would simply extend and there would be no reason to lose control at 40. It also wouldn't explain tearing the top bolt through the frame mount. Did someone borrow your truck?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunday while i was riding withsome friends in the truck at 40 miles per hour the right rear shock came loose and caused me to lose control of the truck and hit some trees and almost fall a cliff, i am trying to make ford take responsiblity for a factory error.
the truck is from the year 2020 and has 6000 miles
the truck does not have any previous blows since we bought it to work because we live in a place with a lot of snow

Sorry if I have some grammar mistakes but I am from Argentina and it is not my native language

Sorry Buddy, that isn’t a vehicle fault. What happened is you hit something with the lower shock mount that tore it from the axle and pulled it out of the top mount. OR, your “friends” (about 30 or do?) we’re riding in the truck bed and bottomed out the suspension hard enough to break the shock mounts. Any dealer worth a crap can plainly see that was no faulty weld, just faulty vehicle use/abuse. driving. A faulty weld would show rust along the junction, not all freshly torn metal.

OP
OP
F

F3D3

Reaction score
hi guys , i ‘ll try to explain ,the lost of control was becouse when the shock touched the ground it lifted a little bit the truck, i was going downhill in a gravler way with curves , i couldn’t control it for about 300ft , we saw the scratch in the ground , i don’t need to lie to you , the truck dont have any jump or hit, we have the truck in review for a technical and preliminar info was bad welding.
the shock is the rear passenger side !
we have some videos the day before and i can hear a metal sound i think was the support broken a little bit and the next day blows, my dad days before hear the same in the highway , shame he don’t tell me
thank you all for the replys

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you hear an unfamilliar metal sound the day before, but dont investigate what that might be and then you go offroading and it breaks.
Thats not Fords fault.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you hear an unfamilliar metal sound the day before, but dont investigate what that might be and then you go offroading and it breaks.
Thats not Fords fault.
Yep, you’re correct. The problem with the truck is that stupid can’t be fixed, so the truck suffers the consequences.