GEN 2 I rip off rear fox shock at 40 m/h

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow someone hit something hard. My opinion, with a bodyshop background - something struck the wheel/axle and pulled it rearward, ripping things apart. If it was *Only* a failed weld at the axle, the upper mount would be find. But that upper mount/bolt was ripped rearward HARD.

Sorry dude, that's abuse or an impact into something, not defect
This is drivers side right ? , looks like lower mount broke off , shock extended dug into ground then ripped top mount out . Correct?
Looks to be the passenger side and in the first pic, your looking out towards the rear of the truck. You can see the exhaust. If that axle was cleaned up some and further detailed pics of the lower shock mount would help.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the above folks. Look like the lower shock mount snagged something that didnt move. i.e. a rock or stump and ripped the lower mount off and help it good enough to cause the top mount to twist forward and downward.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really don't see a huge impact on the bottom of the shock that would cause it to rip off. It looks like to me that the shock malfunctioned, locked up or something that it wouldn't compress causing the shock itself to not give and rip the top and bottom mount off. It's happened with GEN2 shocks put on a GEN1's.

I personally have hit the passenger side lower shock so hard that it literally destroyed the Swarfworks shock guard but thankfully protected the expensive Fox Race Series upgraded shocks, why Fox decided to put the knob at the bottom is beyond me. This was a HARD impact and both shock mounts stayed in tact with no visual damage of cracked separation at the welds. I also have a 2020.

How the guard looks new:
1624491895820.png

What I did at TRR last month (boot did get cut):

1624491951036.png

If anyone wants a set of those guards, just ask. We sell them now being a Swarfworks dealer. :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I really don't see a huge impact on the bottom of the shock that would cause it to rip off. It looks like to me that the shock malfunctioned, locked up or something that it wouldn't compress causing the shock itself to not give and rip the top and bottom mount off. It's happened with GEN2 shocks put on a GEN1's.

I personally have hit the passenger side lower shock so hard that it literally destroyed the Swarfworks shock guard but thankfully protected the expensive Fox Race Series upgraded shocks, why Fox decided to put the knob at the bottom is beyond me. This was a HARD impact and both shock mounts stayed in tact with no visual damage of cracked separation at the welds. I also have a 2020.

How the guard looks new:
View attachment 212814

What I did at TRR last month (boot did get cut):

View attachment 212815

If anyone wants a set of those guards, just ask. We sell them now being a Swarfworks dealer. :)
did someone say ‘group buy’?
I swear I heard someone say it.