GEN 2 I rip off rear fox shock at 40 m/h

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven_Born

Reaction score
I have to agree, 40mph and shock rips off; Smells fishy!! I've lost more parts of a truck at much higher speed and did not lose control...

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am by no means an expert and I make no claims to be one but in my opinion it looks like the truck went in to the air, ripped the top of the shock out of the upper mount first then flopped on to the ground where the shock pogo'd off the ground, upsetting the rear of the truck and ripping the factory-non-defective lower shock mount off of the axle.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, but that is not a factory defect, when you offroad your vehicle stuff like this can happen, especially going over whoops and stuff or sudden "shock" jerk reactions. Plenty of raptor owners over the years have had to get the rear shock mounts welded when the truck is put out of its normal driving parameters. I have personally witnessed it. You play, you pay! As @Primez mentioned, try your insurance company.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess would be that the lower bracket impacted an object, causing it to shear off at the axle housing. It doesn’t appear to be a clean break; is part of the bracket still visible on the housing? If only the lower bracket detached, how did the upper bracket get ripped out of the housing? That is some serious damage.

RustyNutz

Reaction score
Wow someone hit something hard. My opinion, with a bodyshop background - something struck the wheel/axle and pulled it rearward, ripping things apart. If it was *Only* a failed weld at the axle, the upper mount would be find. But that upper mount/bolt was ripped rearward HARD.

Sorry dude, that's abuse or an impact into something, not defect

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with @FordTechOne as it looks like the bottom was knocked off from an impact and then then the top was pulled forward, ripping it out of the mount. No signs of upward movement damage, say from a hard landing. But we can’t see everything clearly in those limited snap shots.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
last 3 posts seem to provide plausible explanations.