GEN 2 I rip off rear fox shock at 40 m/h

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F3D3

Reaction score
sunday while i was riding withsome friends in the truck at 40 miles per hour the right rear shock came loose and caused me to lose control of the truck and hit some trees and almost fall a cliff, i am trying to make ford take responsiblity for a factory error.
the truck is from the year 2020 and has 6000 miles
the truck does not have any previous blows since we bought it to work because we live in a place with a lot of snow

Sorry if I have some grammar mistakes but I am from Argentina and it is not my native languageIMG_9754.jpegIMG_9747.jpegIMG_9744.jpegIMG_9756.jpg

OP
OP
F

F3D3

Reaction score
We never jump, it is the problem, we were taking care of the truck for the winter, that is why we say it is a factory problem, we think it is a bad weld

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like a bad weld. Looks much more like your boss (or whoever you are taking care of the truck for the winter) is going to be pissed. Good luck to you

OP
OP
F

F3D3

Reaction score
Thanks for the good luck, if it was because I jumped to 80 miles per hour, I would be happy that the only thing that broke apart from the shock absorber were plastic and two ball joints.
i'm not angry i'm surprised

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It seems to me if it was an 80mph jump, there would be significant impact damage resulting from both the shock and mount going ballistic and the axle being undamped. that looks like shearing.

any axle hop / axle wrap, hard take offs ?

Primez

Reaction score
If you’re really trying to put this on Ford... good luck. You’ll need an incredible lawyer, probably $1M of funds up front, and a 5 year commitment to the lawsuit.

I personally know of guys who have had far more obvious defects (like airbags not deploying in a collision) and can’t get law firms to touch the case.

Easiest course of action is probably going through insurance.