I need help with day/night display issue............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you are describing is not, I repeat not a wrong setting in Sync, as placing the headlight switch in the first position for parking lights should not dim the dash. Def a gremlin. Let us know what it winds up being.

and you are 100% right about a certain member never getting the truck for real.
He has auto-dim enabled.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, nothing worked. I did a sync reset where you push the power and the forward buttons, and it's normal again. I should have tried that first. I was pretty much assuming the tech did something to screw it up, but it looks like it was just an odd Sync glitch after having the repairs done.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, nothing worked. I did a sync reset where you push the power and the forward buttons, and it's normal again. I should have tried that first. I was pretty much assuming the tech did something to screw it up, but it looks like it was just an odd Sync glitch after having the repairs done.
Yea. I’m leaning towards that direction too.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I tried for you. I had the truck outside and it's nice and sunny the headlight switch is in auto and I drove it into the garage and the headlights went on and the screen went to dim mode. I backed out of the garage and set the switch to on and went back in and same thing, screen went to dim. I went into the screen and tried to re-configure the settings and could not make any changes

I brought the truck back outside in the sun and put my bandana over the sensor on the dash and the screen and gauges dimmed in the auto and on setting and also while in park and in drive. I could not get it to change in the settings, but my Raptor is an 18 if that makes a difference. Sounds like a glitch, Did you pull the battery terminal for a minute or two?

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just yesterday my sync screen went into night mode during the day. It has happened once or twice before. I have to turn off the truck, open the door and wait a while and then restarting the truck everything is fine. I think it is a "glitch".

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I saw something slightly like this with the 3.4 update I think, along with a few other wacky glitches, like the physical "MEDIA" button no longer switching to next source once it got to FM. I did the "master reset" from settings/general (I think that's where it is).

Cain

Reaction score
could it be that your auto lamp sensor may be faulty?

i have been modifying the smoked lens on mine ever since i added tint all around (including the windshield at 80%) and the auto lamp thinks its darker than usual.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It very well could be. You can see the same behavior going into dark shade early morning or late afternoon, or going under a bridge in bright sunlight. The default auto dim is very brief, only a few seconds at best- I want to say 3 seconds but I think it reacts faster than that. You can make this interval longer by use of FORSCAN ( it took me 3 drafts, and a lot of thought to make that last sentence @Oldfart proof ).