I need help with day/night display issue............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you have the sensor taped all the time in auto are your gauges at full illumination or half and what is your screen at? What year is your Raptor? I'm curious if all gen 2`s act the same when you cover the sensor or if the Sync update alone makes a difference?

Gauges/dash lights are fully illuminated all the time, screen is set to night (black) mode, even though it would be black in auto due to the light sensor being covered. Truck is a 2019.

Just did the new Sync update, and that did not alter anything whatsoever.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out and covered my sensor and it would make the instrument cluster go to dim and the screen to black. How did you keep your Instrument cluster from dimming?

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out and covered my sensor and it would make the instrument cluster go to dim and the screen to black. How did you keep your Instrument cluster from dimming?

I don’t know. If it did dim, it wasn’t noticeable enough for me to notice. I prefer my screen to be black no matter how sunny it is as well.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, nothing worked. I did a sync reset where you push the power and the forward buttons, and it's normal again. I should have tried that first. I was pretty much assuming the tech did something to screw it up, but it looks like it was just an odd Sync glitch after having the repairs done.

I had to do the same hard reboot when I purchased a new phone because the Ford Pass application wouldn't start my truck on the preset schedule.