I need help with day/night display issue............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my front camera replaced and also the drivers visor replaced. Now whenever the lights are not in the "off" position, both the center and dash display are dim like it's night, so you can barely see them in the day. I've looked through all the settings and can't find anything related to this. I called the dealer and the techs were gone early and the service manager didn't have any idea. Anyone run into this before? I believe there is a light sensor that controls this?

Any help is appreciated, other than from Crazy 911 because he is never going to pickup or drive his truck. It's going to be a static display.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a button next to the headlight knob that will make it brighter or darker.

Thanks, but this is not the adjustable light level. It goes from a normal, very easy to see in the daylight level, to very dark as soon as the headlight switch is put to anything but "off". You turn the light back off and they immediately go back to a normal level that you need to see in the daytime. I'm think maybe a sensor got screwed up when they put the new camera in. If you put lights on "Park", "On", or "Auto", the dash and center screen drop light by 50 or 60% instantly.

I wonder if @FordTechOne ever ran into this? It's really annoying.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Seems like there is a setting in the sync screen, you can toggle on and off. Been a while since I messed with it.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like there is a setting in the sync screen, you can toggle on and off. Been a while since I messed with it.

Thanks, I looked pretty hard through every screen I could find. I guess I'll let the tech figure it out. I thought it was very odd that even putting the lights on "auto"
makes the displays dim down instantly, even if you are in bright sun.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had it happen other then when I had thrown my thrown my hat over the sensor on the dash of my Jeep. I will try to do the same tomorrow with my Raptor, maybe just a simple battery disconnect for a few minutes will take care of it? I don't remember seeing it in the settings on the set up screen but I have an late 18 so maybe that is why.

The reason I say late 18 is because my center console shift position indicator does not light up, the plug is there, so I bought the Bulb -indicator FL3Z-14366-B and made little mounting brackets to hold it in place. It might not even be the right part number for my truck but it was posted by another forum member and I went with it. So far so good

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's under settings on the screen

I looked under settings for "display", and under "vehicle". I tried auto, day, and night, and it still goes very dark as soon as you turn the light switch anywhere but "off." Maybe the tech will have an answer for me tomorrow. I kept thinking there must be a setting, but it doesn't make sense to me that even with the lights switched to "auto", the screens go dark. It for sure was never like this before.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you are describing is not, I repeat not a wrong setting in Sync, as placing the headlight switch in the first position for parking lights should not dim the dash. Def a gremlin. Let us know what it winds up being.

and you are 100% right about a certain member never getting the truck for real.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you are describing is not, I repeat not a wrong setting in Sync, as placing the headlight switch in the first position for parking lights should not dim the dash. Def a gremlin. Let us know what it winds up being.

and you are 100% right about a certain member never getting the truck for real.

That's what really threw me, with it in "auto" or set to parks, it instantly dims tremendously to the point that you can't really see anything.