Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

I need a joint....

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by EmbDriver, Nov 23, 2020.

1. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I found this article interesting below. Also when I was looking at your original link and hit "info" about mevotech, I did read their warranty on ball joints, it appears this article agrees with my findings, that their is no warranty on ball joints, per say.

https://atfulldrive.com/mevotech-vs-moog

2. EmbDriver

EmbDriver Full Access Member

Interesting read. Thank you... the mevotech ball joints are more than the moog on rockauto... under the heavy duty tab... terrain series or something?

3. EmbDriver

So after a crap load of reading I found myself on a dmax forum... everyone talking about the kryptonite ball joints and how the mevotech ttx series were the same thing... even have very similar part numbers... think I’m going to try them out from rock auto...

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  4. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

Right on, let us know!

5. IDI-Charlie

IDI-Charlie Full Access Member

I've not used Mevotech before, so unfortunately I can't give you an opinion on them.

Given that Motorcraft are $98/ea, I'm willing to give aftermarket a shot. I will more than likely be using XRF when I replace my lower ball joints this winter. I've had good luck out of their steering and suspension components on my F350.

EmbDriver likes this.
  6. tltoronto

tltoronto Full Access Member

Guys, Stay the **** outta motorcraft. For some reason, mine lasted a year. I am into the MOOG ungreasables and seeing how they go. Considering they are half the price of OEM, im not too worried about how long they last. I also went MOOG upper control arms and am pretty happy with them. Easy install, and look like oem. I didnt want uniballs because of winter. God I hate winter.

BenBB and EmbDriver like this.
  7. Richard Hinsley

Richard Hinsley Full Access Member

Thanks for the info. I'm at 96k and will be replacing with OEM. Less wrench time and more drive time.

03svt likes this.
  8. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

A different question, these are pressed in, are guys doing these at home in a vice or buying the parts and getting the work done outside of the home?

9. EmbDriver

I buy the parts and do them at home! they are pressed in, if need be I can get the loan a tool from Jo shmoe's parts store.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  10. 03svt

03svt Full Access Member

I just did mine and went OEM. I first ordered the Moog’s too, took them out of their box, and then sent them right back. They didn’t even look half as nice as the Motorcraft. Why split hairs on a couple bucks at this point? You get what you pay for. Just my .02

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmbDriver, BenBB and CoronaRaptor like this.