I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY 2019 GEN 2!! FYI!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea to hide the code in my phone somewhere. This past winter it was one of those days where it warmed up a lot by early afternoon, so I had taken off my coat (with the key fob in the pocket!) and thrown it on the back seat while I was driving. I stopped at the grocery store and I'm getting pissed off because the lock button on the door handle wouldn't work! Damn Ford!!!! What the heck is wrong with this thing!! Then it hits me, "Hey numbn*ts, you are attempting to lock your keys inside the truck!"

The truck was smarter than me that day! :banghead:
Just that day?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine won’t lock with the keys inside unless I close the door then hit the two bottom buttons on the key pad. I do this when I go hiking and don’t want to loose the keys. I use the key pad regularly and love the easy and usefulness.

Elkkhunter

Reaction score
Happened to me.

Purchased my Gen2 early this year, driving back with it after the purchase from another state, about 500 miles of the 650 so only 150 left to go. Had to take a leak, finding a place at the same time I needed it along the interstate was not happening. Finally a gas station, jumped out, with truck off but key in ignition. Had to go bad, push the door lock button closed the door and ran the the bathroom. Cam back out, yes, locked out. I new the code was in the glovebox, only key was in ignition did not know about App! Got use to my Ford Excursion with Door pad that I know the number for!

called Ford dealer, they said call Ford RoadSide Assistance 800-241-3673, which I did, about an 30-40 minutes later I was on the road again after Ford called a local service to open my door. Pulled up the passenger door lock button and I was in. No Charge, part of the warrant. So, remember another last resort is:

Ford Roadside Assistance. 800-241-3673

Klockopotomis

Reaction score
Mine won’t lock with the keys inside unless I close the door then hit the two bottom buttons on the key pad. I do this when I go hiking and don’t want to loose the keys. I use the key pad regularly and love the easy and usefulness.
So is this the secret to locking vehicle with keys in it? I go snowboarding a lot and I leave the keys in a bumper or gas tank lid bc I don't want to lose them on the mountain but unfortunately the vehicle refuses to let me lock it with keys in which is so dang frustrating. I have the keypad so it should allow it it but nope.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is this the secret to locking vehicle with keys in it? I go snowboarding a lot and I leave the keys in a bumper or gas tank lid bc I don't want to lose them on the mountain but unfortunately the vehicle refuses to let me lock it with keys in which is so dang frustrating. I have the keypad so it should allow it it but nope.

I keep the extra fob with some cash and an extra credit card in a faraday bag hidden somewhere in the cab. The faraday bag blocks the radio signals of the fob so the truck doesn’t know it’s in the cab.

Purpose is for if/when I lose the fob (or entire EDC to include wallet), I can always get back in the truck and I can get it started and back on the trail. Or if I’m traveling by air and leave the truck at the airport and later lose my key fob in the other state/country I’m in, I can still get home when I land back in state.